Really, I mean it !

Hawks46

Reaction score
Christine Michael really can't hold the ball in his left hand. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it. That said, I can see how it's tough for the coaching staff to just cut the kid. He flashes so well, then it's an "ugh".

How do you pick between Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith ? Damn, really ?

Not sure Lockette makes the team. He doesn't bring anything as a receiver and his ST play is matched by both Williams and Smith.

Not going to make a big deal about Lockett's TD catch against backups, but Damn ! Russell dropped a dime on that one.

I honestly think Jesse Williams makes this team. He's missed most, if not all of the last two seasons and offseasons, gets cancer, gets a kidney removed, then just goes out and makes play after play in the preseason. Funny, I was watching him make a play and watched him blow up his blocker, flow down the line and was just about to make a stop for a loss.....when Clark slaughters his blocker and catches the RB 2 yards deeper. 4 yard loss, Williams would've gotten him for 2 yard loss.

Speaking of which, Clark is an ANIMAL. It's seriously unfair watching him play backups.

I would've liked to see Smith play more, but I get it. He just doesn't finish his runs.....right. For a guy his size, you would like to see more broken tackles and falling forward more.

Return of the Read Option. Daniels running that RO was a thing of beauty. Soon as we did that, Rawls found all kinds of room. I think Rawls makes the PS over Smith at this point.

Daniels is Russel Wilson's evil twin. Running the RO, he'll run it when Wilson will throw it, and look damn near as good running it. I really like the pump fake to get his man up in the air then blow by him on the ground. I really hope he makes this team. I thought he looked pretty decent at QB given that he got mostly WR reps in TC.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks46":14ooaiqh said:
I honestly think Jesse Williams makes this team.

I think he needs to go on NFI and get his cancer under control. He needs chemotherapy and he may have taken a big risk to postpone it for preseason. He's in my prayers.

Exittium

Reaction score
I'll take rawls over Cmike at this point. Kasen or Kevin Smith.. ugh keep em both hope one makes the PS and bye bye Lockette.. Dude just doesn't provide anything special to the WR group. ST yes, but so does Kasen and Kevin.

Clark isn't human.. period he's like the terminator just decimates through Olines like a hot knife through butter.

Tyler Lockett, safe to say he's staying.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawks46":2v6g22wm said:
Christine Michael really can't hold the ball in his left hand. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it. That said, I can see how it's tough for the coaching staff to just cut the kid. He flashes so well, then it's an "ugh".

Not sure Lockette makes the team. He doesn't bring anything as a receiver and his ST play is matched by both Williams and Smith.

Not going to make a big deal about Lockett's TD catch against backups, but Damn ! Russell dropped a dime on that one.

I honestly think Jesse Williams makes this team. He's missed most, if not all of the last two seasons and offseasons, gets cancer, gets a kidney removed, then just goes out and makes play after play in the preseason. Funny, I was watching him make a play and watched him blow up his blocker, flow down the line and was just about to make a stop for a loss.....when Clark slaughters his blocker and catches the RB 2 yards deeper. 4 yard loss, Williams would've gotten him for 2 yard loss.

Speaking of which, Clark is an ANIMAL. It's seriously unfair watching him play backups.

I would've liked to see Smith play more, but I get it. He just doesn't finish his runs.....right. For a guy his size, you would like to see more broken tackles and falling forward more.

Return of the Read Option. Daniels running that RO was a thing of beauty. Soon as we did that, Rawls found all kinds of room. I think Rawls makes the PS over Smith at this point.

Daniels is Russel Wilson's evil twin. Running the RO, he'll run it when Wilson will throw it, and look damn near as good running it. I really like the pump fake to get his man up in the air then blow by him on the ground. I really hope he makes this team. I thought he looked pretty decent at QB given that he got mostly WR reps in TC.

I agree with a lot the only question is on BJ. I do not think he showed enough as a WR to beat out Smith or Williams, and they will only keep 2 QBs. SO not sure were he fits.

Wr
Baldwin
Lockett
Mathews
? Kearse
?Williams (bigger)
?Smith or BJ or Lockette
Richardson (pup)

Now if they let TJ go then BJ makes it hands down

Not sure having a 3rd QB is worth loosing Williams or Smith

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Anthony!":16ajzb5h said:
Hawks46":16ajzb5h said:

I agree with a lot the only question is on BJ. I do not think he showed enough as a WR to beat out Smith or Williams, and they will only keep 2 QBs. SO not sure were he fits.

Wr
Baldwin
Lockett
Mathews
? Kearse
?Williams (bigger)
?Smith or BJ or Lockette
Richardson (pup)

I'd agree and it makes it tough. BJ does a lot pretty well, but nothing REALLY well. I can see positions for and against giving him a roster spot. Gotta love the way the kid is battling for a roster spot though.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
All I know is our cuts are going to make a bunch of other teams happy. I don't know what's going to happen when we go after other teams cut players. This is going to be rough.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Mike 4G":25qpilnf said:
All I know is our cuts are going to make a bunch of other teams happy. I don't know what's going to happen when we go after other teams cut players. This is going to be rough.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we can't assign guys to the PS before they hit the waiver wire. Or can we?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":bye04k5w said:
Anthony!":bye04k5w said:
Hawks46":bye04k5w said:

Wr
Baldwin
Lockett
Mathews
? Kearse
?Williams (bigger)
?Smith or BJ or Lockette
Richardson (pup)

I'd agree and it makes it tough. BJ does a lot pretty well, but nothing REALLY well. I can see positions for and against giving him a roster spot. Gotta love the way the kid is battling for a roster spot though.

I could see them trying to stash Daniels back on the practice squad as he still have eligibility there. Hard to picture them ditching Tjack and the 1.5 million they just gave him 2 1/2 months ago. No cap savings there.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":13tw87gx said:
Mike 4G":13tw87gx said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we can't assign guys to the PS before they hit the waiver wire. Or can we?

Nope, they gotta clear waivers first.

kearly

Reaction score
This game helped show that our backup RBs are actually pretty good when you give them some actual run blocking and a QB who kicks ass at the read option. Rawls had a nice game and Michael showed his speed around the edges. It would shock me if Seattle released Michael with Turbin being out until sometime in October. I'm expecting Rawls to make it now as well. They gave him a huge audition in this game and he did about as well as he could have.

I wonder if Seattle might go the Mike-Rob method with Turbin and release him with an injury settlement, then bring him back in two months? My guess is that Rawls would get picked up if Seattle released him, but an injured Turbin probably wouldn't.

Kearse didn't see much action the last couple weeks which tells me that he's a lock to make it. Obviously Baldwin and Lockett will make it. That leaves probably 3 spots for Lockette/Matthews/Smith/Williams/Daniels. I think Matthews and Smith are probably in, and Daniels is probably headed to the PS again. That leaves one spot for Lockette or Williams. I would personally choose Williams but I would understand Seattle going for Lockette's special teams contribution.

I wish we could keep almost every DT on the team right now. Almost all of them look like NFL players.

I think Clark will be good in real games, but part of me can't help but notice just how much more dominant he becomes vs. backups. Still, he has been one of the most dominant preseason defensive lineman I can ever remember seeing in a Seahawks uniform.

BJ Daniels had roughly three times as many yards per carry as he did passing. Was anyone else chanting "Tebow" watching him play? Not sure if he is a real QB, but he's fun at that position and the offense moved so much better with him in there. Night and day.

Tyler Lockett will be good for us. I think he'd be a breakout megastar on a few teams in this league.

Seattle's backup DBs hate intercepting passes. Even when they get good looks at the ball they bat it down. Ricardo Lockette should consider converting to corner based on this game, he'd fit right in.

I don't know how bad Oakland is in the trenches or how many starters they had out. But I had heard their OL is a solid group coming into this season, and our backup DL mostly ravaged them.

I know Coleman flipped that one guy, but his lead blocking continues to be incredibly ineffective. I swear, half the time he looks like he's trying to block dudes with his belly button while digging change out of his pockets. I know Pete loves a feel good story but at some point this team needs to find a real FB who Lynch will trust.

Glowinsky did some really awesome stuff on the plays I watched him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":3rqukajq said:
I wonder if Seattle might go the Mike-Rob method with Turbin and release him with an injury settlement, then bring him back in two months? My guess is that Rawls would get picked up if Seattle released him, but an injured Turbin probably wouldn't.

How about releasing Derek Coleman outright and keeping Rawls? I think Turbin would get picked up. He's been a reliable backup to Lynch, has good burst and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Tukuafu can run block.

Just a thought.

[edit] fyi - submitted this before i got to the end of your post, heh.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A lot of scenarios playing out right now, but one thing I'd comment on is what Kearly touched on above: Lynch's trust in his lead blocker. I think Lynch's decision making changed night at day when we went from Mike Rob to Coleman and I agree that Coleman hasn't developed much in the lead blocking department. Pete has traditionally liked a very versatile FB who can swing out and catch some passes, but our offense starts with Marshawn. I'll be curious to see what happens there. At this point, I can't even quite rule out that Jackson isn't signed and asked to play some FB for 20-25 snaps a game or so (more 2 TE sets this year) and neither Coleman or Tuku is kept (Cottom presumably and hopefully makes it to the PS).

EDIT: Interesting that Laloosh picked that same topic. It all starts with Marshawn on offense.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
OK, maybe a couple more things....

Jesse Williams had been a guy I was particularly hard on. Never liked his structural integrity from the waist down. He was always going to have leg injuries. He looks a little thinner up top now, however. He no longer looks like some extremely uneven Popeye villian type cartoon character. Why is that important? He's staying on his feet, pad level is better, power is greater, and he's showing a burst I hadn't ever seen before. He's playing like the player everyone said he was that I disagreed with. The cancer thing I don't even want to get into. That's a difficult topic I'm all too familiar with. As a football player, he's showing something I hadn't ever seen even in his junior year at Alabama. Will he be kept, however?

Brock Coyle has been really consistent, very fast, and a player who's imposing what he wants to do...where he wants to go in the run game. As a rook you could see some potential, but he was catching some blocks and even catching tackles at times. He'd make the tackle, but end up on his back.

Not this year. He has very direct intent and not with good intentions. I agree with Bobby Wagner that Coyle and KPL would start for a lot of other teams.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1cljday7 said:

Jesse Williams had been a guy I was particularly hard on. Never liked his structural integrity from the waist down. He was always going to have leg injuries. He looks a little thinner up top now, however. He no longer looks like some extremely uneven Popeye villian type cartoon character. Why is that important? He's staying on his feet, pad level is better, power is greater, and he's showing a burst I hadn't ever seen before. He's playing like the player everyone said he was that I disagreed with. The cancer thing I don't even want to get into. That's a difficult topic I'm all too familiar with. As a football player, he's showing something I hadn't ever seen even in his junior year at Alabama. Will he be kept, however?

Brock Coyle has been really consistent, very fast, and a player who's imposing what he wants to do...where he wants to go in the run game. As a rook you could see some potential, but he was catching some blocks and even catching tackles at times. He'd make the tackle, but end up on his back.

Not this year. He has very direct intent and not with good intentions. I agree with Bobby Wagner that Coyle and KPL would start for a lot of other teams.

I would add Morgan too and even a extremely raw guy like Pinkins has looked like he's played LBer his whole life.

Barrows and Tatupu have done a marvelous job with these guys, it also helps when your D-Line is playing at such an elite level.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2l26vdiz said:
vin.couve12":2l26vdiz said:

I would add Morgan too and even a extremely raw guy like Pinkins has looked like he's played LBer his whole life.

Barrows and Tatupu have done a marvelous job with these guys, it also helps when your D-Line is playing at such an elite level.

Again, I just posted about Pinkins in another thread. Some sound, interesting thoughts and scenarios going on here.

We say it every year, but man, this year's cuts are pretty tough.

kf3339

Reaction score
I will say this about this game and the cuts to come in the next few days......

Man, this is going to be tough to watch.........

Personally, I would do this:

RB: I would keep Rawls and do the Turbin injury settlement as stated above. He just looks like a great steal for us from the undrafted FA's. Another great find!

WR: I would keep both Williams and Smith as stated. They both show a lot of upside promise. That leaves out Lockette for me. So the six would be Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Mathews, Williams and Smith for me.

DL: I have always been a big supporter of Jesse Williams and he has really came on well for me this preseason. As the 5th DT in the rotation he fits for me. I think he has the versatility to play 3 positions which makes him a logical pick to stay (3 tech, 1 tech and 5 tech). Hope I'm right on this one. You also have to love his story and not giving up as happens to many people.

LB: I hope they keep a 7th LB and it's Pinkins. I know he is rough and needs a lot of extra work, but he could be really good in our defense.

Many other position battles, but these are the main ones for me.

peppersjap

Reaction score
kearly":3l6xaa9c said:
This game helped show that our backup RBs are actually pretty good when you give them some actual run blocking and a QB who kicks ass at the read option. Rawls had a nice game and Michael showed his speed around the edges. It would shock me if Seattle released Michael with Turbin being out until sometime in October. I'm expecting Rawls to make it now as well. They gave him a huge audition in this game and he did about as well as he could have.

Kearse didn't see much action the last couple weeks which tells me that he's a lock to make it. Obviously Baldwin and Lockett will make it. That leaves probably 3 spots for Lockette/Matthews/Smith/Williams/Daniels. I think Matthews and Smith are probably in, and Daniels is probably headed to the PS again. That leaves one spot for Lockette or Williams. I would personally choose Williams but I would understand Seattle going for Lockette's special teams contribution.

I wish we could keep almost every DT on the team right now. Almost all of them look like NFL players.

I think Clark will be good in real games, but part of me can't help but notice just how much more dominant he becomes vs. backups. Still, he has been one of the most dominant preseason defensive lineman I can ever remember seeing in a Seahawks uniform.

BJ Daniels had roughly three times as many yards per carry as he did passing. Was anyone else chanting "Tebow" watching him play? Not sure if he is a real QB, but he's fun at that position and the offense moved so much better with him in there. Night and day.

Tyler Lockett will be good for us. I think he'd be a breakout megastar on a few teams in this league.

Seattle's backup DBs hate intercepting passes. Even when they get good looks at the ball they bat it down. Ricardo Lockette should consider converting to corner based on this game, he'd fit right in.I
I thought Lockette must have had a spot locked up because he had barely even been on the field during the pre season but he was on the field a lot today. i think both Williams and and Smith are way better WR's than he is, he better hope his special teams play carries him through. I love him as a gunner but are you going to let a guy go like Kasen Williams who has huge potential as an actual receiver so you can keep a guy who can make huge hits and has had a history of stupid penalties?
I don't know how bad Oakland is in the trenches or how many starters they had out. But I had heard their OL is a solid group coming into this season, and our backup DL mostly ravaged them.

I know Coleman flipped that one guy, but his lead blocking continues to be incredibly ineffective. I swear, half the time he looks like he's trying to block dudes with his belly button while digging change out of his pockets. I know Pete loves a feel good story but at some point this team needs to find a real FB who Lynch will trust.

Glowinsky did some really awesome stuff on the plays I watched him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score

will-ferrell-your-crazy-o.gif

aawolf

Reaction score
I just hope T.Y. McGill makes the team so we have another NC State Wolpacker on the roster to go along with Wilson, Hauchka, and Sweezy. C'mon Pete, save T.Y.!