Tarvaris Jackson's Contract?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Was it guaranteed at signing or if he made the roster?

If its the former and he's simply uncuttable are there any teams (and we can speculate) out there that might want a decent vet backup QB for only $1.25m?

Jets perhaps, if only the Steelers didnt sign Vick.

I think Daniel's is good enough to be a QB2, run this offense and win games if need be.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
When he signed. He didn't get much interest when he was a FE so I doubt it.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Daniels really surprised me out there. I didn't like him that much as a receiver and his return game was looking worse than Lockett and even Smith. However, the QB play he showed was like looking at 2012 Russell Wilson. I actually got excited seeing him play, not something that happens when Tarvaris Jackson or RJ Archer are on the field. I hope we keep him.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I like TJack and think he is probably a better QB at this point but I think BJ Daniels showed tonight that he is a Wilson clone , obviously with less talent. He was playing against defensive players we will probably never see on the field again but those were the same quality players we saw him play against last year, he looked like a completely different guy. If your #1 QB goes down you want a guy who can step in and you don't have to change your offense. I feel they should move him back to QB and the move would also give us the opportunity to keep Smith or Williams. I really am a Tavaris fan but he is getting older and I would hate to lose a young guy who might be our back up answer or see us waste a WR position on a guy who is an inferior WR but is an emergency QB. Put Daniels back at QB and hang on to Kasen Williams or Kevin Smith or both!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I agree. B.J. is a better QB than he is a receiver or returner. I think they moved him a little fast. Had they continued to develop him more at QB, we might not have had to pay Jackson, and B.J. could have been an emergency option at receiver and returner, rather than the other way around.

As far as Jackson's contract goes, it was guaranteed at signing:
http://overthecap.com/player/tarvaris-jackson/1114/
"Tarvaris Jackson signed a one year $1.5 million contract with the Seahawks on June 16, 2015. The entire contract is fully guaranteed and includes a $250,000 signing bonus."