Does the possibility exist

Chawker

Reaction score
Of the Seahawks carrying only two QBs and keeping BJ Daniels as there third QB ?
With his athletics, this would add one extra spot to some already hard choices in finalizing our roost. (jk)

ivotuk

Reaction score
He has 1 more year of PS eligibility but I doubt he would make it through waivers. I would keep him on as a WR/QB and send Kasen Williams and possibly Kevin Smith to the PS.

Exittium

Reaction score
My friend who is a raider fan was blown away by daniels and couldn't believe that gave the reps to RJ instead of him, he said "He's almost a russell clone, its scary if he can get as good as wilson, you're all set"

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'd love to keep him as a WR6 and QB3. I think his versatility is so broad that he'd be active on game days and potentially fill any number of holes that might arise throughout a game (coverage unit, backup returner, WR, emergency QB, etc.). Someone like Kevin Smith, who I think is a better returner and receiver, probably wouldn't be active unless someone was hurt because he wouldn't be quite as useful on game days. Same story with Kasen, who I actually think has the most upside as a receiver of the three but also the least versatile.

Really intriguing decision ahead for PCJS.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Probably one of the top 3-4 best athletes we have.

Yes the possibility exists and I hope we do keep him.
I love Tjack as a back up because he knows the system so well but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he traded him and freed up the $$$.

I think that BJ could fill our #2 QB spot and do a good job if he needed to be called on.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Please, please Daniels over Archer. Archer is unwatchable. One of those players that makes me scratch my head and think, "what could the coaches possibly see in him?" Obviously something, as they're more astute than I.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
pmedic920":1pn4z8js said:
Probably one of the top 3-4 best athletes we have.

Yes the possibility exists and I hope we do keep him.
I love Tjack as a back up because he knows the system so well but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he traded him and freed up the $$$.

I think that BJ could fill our #2 QB spot and do a good job if he needed to be called on.

Yeah if we ever needed Daniels to play QB, he showed last night that he could at least keep things interesting by running the read option for us. He would at least give us a chance to stay competitive in an emergency situation.

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2kk8plt7 said:
Yeah if we ever needed Daniels to play QB, he showed last night that he could at least keep things interesting by running the read option for us. He would at least give us a chance to stay competitive in an emergency situation.

My thought is that his value is in his versatility.
Maybe not worth a spot at any one position but the fact that he can keep us in the game at 2-3 positions, combined with his cost, gives him a spot on my roster.

rideaducati

Reaction score
pmedic920":2yixj10v said:
HawkFan72":2yixj10v said:

My thought is that his value is in his versatility.
Maybe not worth a spot at any one position but the fact that he can keep us in the game at 2-3 positions, combined with his cost, gives him a spot on my roster.

Anything that keeps us from ever having to watch Tarvaris take another snap as a Seahawk sounds good to me.

lukerguy

Reaction score
If Daniels plays a snap over Russ or TJax we're in serious trouble. Consider him as a WR6 perhaps but not a QB3.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
lukerguy":1kzj5j5g said:
If Daniels plays a snap over Russ or TJax we're in serious trouble. Consider him as a WR6 perhaps but not a QB3.

Dude makes questionable throws but for someone who had limited reps at QB in camp, he had great command of the offense, killed it with the read option, and actually allowed our WRs to make plays.

You could do a lot worse in the league, some QB seem like they have all the talent in the world but falter under the pressure.

Daniels oozes confidence and looks fearless. The play where he gets knocked to the ground, gets up, and joins the Special Teams unit was awesome.

If Daniels is kept and he has to work with Lynch and Graham amongst others running the offense, I would be glad I think because you wouldnt have to change up the offense one bit, dumb it down or go vanilla, or change up the protection scheme for a slower QB. Its all right there and I think Daniels would be successful. Not great, not bad. Solid.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I would rather keep him as the back up QB over TJack ( and I like TJack ). The audition they gave him in the Raider games guarantees he would not make it to the practice squad so they have to keep him one way or the other. In the little time Tavaris played this year I really thought he looked bad and in the Raider game Daniels looked like he has been watching Wilson. After all the grueling time I had watched Archer in the pre-season I was finally happy!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Why get rid of TJack when his salary is fully guaranteed? I doubt PA would like that much. Let alone the message it would send the team not budging with Kam. :Dunno:

CURRENT CONTRACT

Tarvaris Jackson signed a 1 year, $1,500,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $250,000 signing bonus, $1,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,500,000. In 2015, Jackson will earn a base salary of $1,250,000 and a signing bonus of $250,000. Jackson has a cap hit of $1,500,000 while his dead money value is $1,500,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... s-jackson/

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3qlqwldd said:
You could do a lot worse in the league, some QB seem like they have all the talent in the world but falter under the pressure.

Daniels oozes confidence and looks fearless. The play where he gets knocked to the ground, gets up, and joins the Special Teams unit was awesome.

If Daniels is kept and he has to work with Lynch and Graham amongst others running the offense, I would be glad I think because you wouldnt have to change up the offense one bit, dumb it down or go vanilla, or change up the protection scheme for a slower QB. Its all right there and I think Daniels would be successful. Not great, not bad. Solid.

It is one thing to do it in Pre-season.....and quite another in the Regular season. The pressure gets turned up a bit and mistakes start to show up, ie. fumbles and interceptions.

Largent80

Reaction score
After watching him in the game I wasn't surprised. He has learned the system for a few years and is a fantastic athlete.