Fred Jackson is a Seahawk

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/639942471162667008[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/639942457233309696[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/status/639947048385691649[/tweet]
Outstanding! I think this is a good move. Veteran with some left in the tank, and leadership in the locker room and on the field.

Update: Not quite yet a done deal, but appears it will be soon.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/639966414221082625[/tweet]

Update: Deal is done.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/641007937813655552[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wonder if Turbin is going on IR....I feel a lot better having Jackson to pass protect if Turbin is out for a while (which it sounds like he will be).

Geologic

Reaction score
I wonder if the Seahawk's front office is going to put Turbin on PUP or IR. Or if they're going to cut Christine Michael.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I love the speed and elusiveness of Michael, but the fact that he doesn't even know which hand to carry the ball in is enough to get rid of him at this point.

Seafan

Reaction score
Geologic":36xrxexr said:
I wonder if the Seahawk's front office is going to put Turbin on PUP or IR. Or if they're going to cut Christine Michael.

Can't PUP him and putting on IR too expensive. Injury settlement.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I think this is a good move for the team on several levels. Mentor, happy Beast, and he can still play at a respectable level to name 3.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seems like a quality person, but Turbin just doesn't have the raw ability, sadly.

Tical21

Reaction score
storm74":2ntx0jbi said:
I love the speed and elusiveness of Michael, but the fact that he doesn't even know which hand to carry the ball in is enough to get rid of him at this point.
How in the world have we not fixed that in three years? At this point it is about as much a Sherman Smith issue as anything.

Mick063

Reaction score
Time to move on from the Turbin experiment.

He just can't tote the rock very well. Let me put it another way. Baldwin and Kearse are much better at their position than Turbin is at his.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Always felt they could keep four RBs, so that doesn't change anything for me. Lynch, Jackson, Turbin and Michael could still be on this team.

If they do IR Turbin, they could slap the IR w/ Designation for Return on him. This gives them several weeks to see what they have at running back. I know some people like to "save" it for better players, but it's honestly better just to use it early as you try to sort out your roster. If someone else gets hurt for a few weeks, you just hold them on the roster until they heal up.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Might mean we start seeing some other moves shake out... hopefully at least o_O

Overall I like it. I don't want to give up on Michael but that's just the homer in me talking. Liked a lot of what I saw in Rawls, too... should be interesting.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":o4z7rn44 said:
Always felt they could keep four RBs, so that doesn't change anything for me. Lynch, Jackson, Turbin and Michael could still be on this team.

If they do IR Turbin, they could slap the IR w/ Designation for Return on him. This gives them several weeks to see what they have at running back. I know some people like to "save" it for better players, but it's honestly better just to use it early as you try to sort out your roster. If someone else gets hurt for a few weeks, you just hold them on the roster until they heal up.

Burning the IR/Return on Turbin would suck. Would rather flat IR/waive him than do that. Especially since Lane's status is still up in the air

Sac

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1si4n3f6 said:

Designation to return woule be a waste on a backup running back.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3vju3ie7 said:
Always felt they could keep four RBs, so that doesn't change anything for me.

I don't know why you would pay for both Turbin and Jackson, when they do essentially the same thing, and both have only one year left on their deals. I also don't get why you would waste our one-and-only return designation on a player with limited utility, in the final year of his contract, whose role has been taken by an even better veteran.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Wow, for all the times Lynch will need to rest or give the back a break, Fred Jackson is a great guy to have. Not to mention, he's just a great guy to have in the backfield for all the things a RB needs to do.