Gary Gilliam Impressive

springscohawk

Reaction score
I watched Raiders versus Seahawks preseason game again watching offensive line carefully, using DVR to review each play several times. I was particularly impressed by Gary Gilliam, both in both pass blocking and run blocking. He appeared dominant in run blocking driving his man back with persistence and tenacity on some plays. On a play or two he got to second level and blocked a second man in impressive fashion. I expected run blocking to be a weakness as he would lack strength at point of attack. I did not see this. In pass blocking, I saw him driven back too far towards the quarterback once or twice only.

His quick progression from a tight end in college to NFL caliber tackle is impressive.

One factor I am unsure about is whether Gilliam was primarily playing against backup defensive lineman for the Raiders. I noticed the Seahawks did not play their starting defensive unit, but rather backups from first series.

titan3131

Reaction score
Tom cable is a guru. Though I think rocky seto is Carroll s replacement once he retires.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
I was really hoping he would get a taste of Khalil Mack, but that didn't happen. I really like his potential and I was even more impressed with his interview.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Maybe the shake up really was about getting the 5 best players on the field.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hey, doesn't a top-flight LT get more $$ than an SS? What say we have Kam put on some weight and take Okung's spot? He could get a block-buster contract when the time comes. No ambiguity about position vs money either.