NY Times article on hawks philosophy

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Very nice read, thanks!

Of all the teams that should do it differently...shouldn't it be us? The forgotten team for all of those years due to us not having a real identity, tucked away in the corner of the country in a city that likes to be different?

Not that I believe in Kismet or anything like that, but it just seems that Pete was meant to be a Seahawk.

Mick063

Reaction score
To take that article a step further:

Pete has adopted the fan base, refers to them as the 12s, and constantly reinforces his appreciation of the fans to the team. He always includes the fans as part of the equation when addressing the team. Pete is genuinely grateful for the home field advantage and makes sure that the team is aware of it. It fits nicely into the upbeat positive, environment. The fans actually reinforce Pete's coaching philosophy.

Russell has picked up on this. Acknowledging the fans and finishing with "Go Hawks". Notice how this has become contagious? I do. Lately, it seems that many players are ending their media interactions with "Go Hawks"

dadof3

Reaction score
I find it interesting that the positive approach produces not only a winner, but the biggest, bad ass bully on the block. We are what teams are trying to achieve with a "tough guy" approach.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I should have known better than to read the comments. It saddens me to no end that uninformed people still think the Reggie mess at USC was Pete's doing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":w5tee1h9 said:
I should have known better than to read the comments. It saddens me to no end that uninformed people still think the Reggie mess at USC was Pete's doing.
Doesn't bother me one iota, as there are a lot of people just like that one, who shortchange themselves.
These short sighted jokers have the same opportunities to gather up the facts, but they'd just as soon let go, and slide back down in the cesspool of ignorance.
You can't fix stupid :lol:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
sc85sis":1tx58kkh said:
People are idiots. The more you accept that, the less sad you will be when people prove it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
BlueTalon":27n7g0nc said:
sc85sis":27n7g0nc said:
People are idiots. The more you accept that, the less sad you will be when people prove it.

Oh, BlueTalon, you're encouraging someone to be cynical in a thread about an article depicting exactly why we shouldn't be cynical. Time to refocus?