Cary Williams and no Kam scare the hell out of me

seabowl

Reaction score
I actually think Bailey will be ok but Cary Williams has shown zero in the preseasonand comes with not a great reputation as a strong DB. Sherm and Earl will be called on to continue to coach these guys up but it may be rocky in the beginning. Thoughts?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I predict that Williams will get replaced by Simon sooner than later.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":10nhrtle said:

I think Burley is better than both Williams and Simon.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
seabowl":29amfh44 said:
Seahwkgal":29amfh44 said:

I think Buley is better than both Williams and Simon.

I like Burley a lot, but I'm not sure if I like him better outside than Simon

kobebryant

Reaction score
While I do like Cary, I think it is a good thing that the Hawks don't face anyone with two upper-level WRs until Calvin and Golden come to town. After that, it is really just Pitt who could challenge the Hawks with a deep WR group.

Rocket

Reaction score
Lone bear cubs scare the hell out of me. A charging bull elk, he scares the hell out of me.
A game without Kam but with that corner dude Cary doesn't scare me... I maybe could go for worried, maybe.

Jville

Reaction score
Matthew 8:26 (ASV) And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Im not worried about Cary Williams.

Pre-season for vets is more of a focus on weaknesses, where younger players are about identifying strengths.

Williams is a vet who has started 64 games against some big time WRs in the AFC North and NFC East.

He also as yet to play with Earl Thomas in a real game and he's polishing new techniques and building chemistry with the squad.

Its naive to compare him to Maxwell, even though he was just as average as Williams last year, and Simon who have multiple seasons in the system.

We'll see though, I feel if the Seahawks were truly worried they would have trotted Williams out vs the Raiders to get extra work. But he sat out with the rest of the starters.

Rob12

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3ak2lk8u said:
Rob12":3ak2lk8u said:
Williams will step up when it counts. Give the guy a chance.

.....to continue to be inadequate?

Judging this without ET and Kam, and also Sherm for most of the preseason, huh?

dadof3

Reaction score
Don't forget this team is loaded with elite defensive talent. Even if Williams and Bailey suck our D will make up for them.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
One benefit over laat year is the improved DL should provide more pressure and alleviate some concern from the secondary.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1lhkml3h said:
Cary Williams: .NET Whipping Boy 2015.

And the season hasn't even started.

Since so many of you guys seem to hate him so much, I'd like to drop something inane that you can use for your Cary Williams hatefire.

Cary was a guest host of the WBAL Radio show "Cover 2" in Baltimore a couple of years ago when I was driving somewhere late. The Tate <insert replacement ref catch name here that will probably upset someone> came up and Williams went on a bit of a tirade about how it wasn't a catch. He was kind of being a dick about it.

He may have also punched a bald eagle.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Only two things scare me...and none are the Seahawks with Williams or without Kam vs. the Rams