Turbin Released With Injury Settlement

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/641715259967950848[/tweet]

He's a Free Agent.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Must have been a bad sprain. Rawls probably didn't see this coming.

Marvin49

Reaction score
....so I guess I'll go out on a limb and say they'll take a RB in the draft next year.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
They do this so that if he is healthy at some point later in the year (after week eight) he can re-sign with the Hawks if he hasn't already signed with another club. Whatever his injury settlement is is what will count against the salary cap for 2015. He probably took a little less in the settlement than he would have if he sat on IR all season, but in the end it gives him a chance to play again in 2015 if the ankle heals, and will allow him in the end to make a little bit more this year even he signs a half year contract at the minimum salary. Win, win situation usually.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1czg5yf8 said:
They do this so that if he is healthy at some point later in the year (after week eight) he can re-sign with the Hawks if he hasn't already signed with another club. Whatever his injury settlement is is what will count against the salary cap for 2015. He probably took a little less in the settlement than he would have if he sat on IR all season, but in the end it gives him a chance to play again in 2015 if the ankle heals, and will allow him in the end to make a little bit more this year even he signs a half year contract at the minimum salary. Win, win situation usually.

:13:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1flkt453 said:
....so I guess I'll go out on a limb and say they'll take a RB in the draft next year.

They have been picking up a big FA (scratch that, trading for a big time player, not picking up a FA) every season and trading away their first rounder. You just never know.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Really hopes he returns to the Hawks once healed up, always had a soft spot for Turbs.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sucks to see him go this way. Hope Rawls makes the most of this opportunity!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2g7u1efa said:
Marvin49":2g7u1efa said:

They have been picking up a big FA (scratch that, trading for a big time player, not picking up a FA) every season and trading away their first rounder. You just never know.

Ya, but Lynch and Jackson aren't spring chickens. That offense needs a big time back, so I'd guess they take a RB in the first 3 rounds next year. Just a guess tho...ya never know what might happen.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Ambivalent about whether or not Turbin returns. Turbin has a relatively low ceiling. No chance he grows in to the explosive back this offense needs to succeed, so it may be better to just move on and remove him as a possibility.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3s9tx83k said:
Ambivalent about whether or not Turbin returns. Turbin has a relatively low ceiling. No chance he grows in to the explosive back this offense needs to succeed, so it may be better to just move on and remove him as a possibility.

Yeah, but Turbin does seem like he could turn into a Fred Jackson type back.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2u7g5hfp said:
Laloosh":2u7g5hfp said:
Marvin49":2u7g5hfp said:

Ya, but Lynch and Jackson aren't spring chickens. That offense needs a big time back, so I'd guess they take a RB in the first 3 rounds next year. Just a guess tho...ya never know what might happen.

Oh, I'm sure they will. Just seems like Schneider hates picking late 1st (or should i say paying for a late 1st).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Turbin is now on IR as he wasn't claimed off waivers, 2 weeks after his injury settlement is expired he'll be unrestricted FA.

Maybe he'll be back but maybe not.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3a9nyen8 said:

I think Marshawn still has a few good years left of tormenting the 49ers.

Turbin's injury changed nothing. He could come back later this season or next year on a minimum deal, but either way we were going to need to find a replacement workhorse . . . through the draft or free agency or another trade, which is how we got Marshawn in the first place.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I dont think Lynch is done after this year, true his contract is sort of open ended but I think one of the selling points to signing an extension was putting him in the Hall of Fame.

Two more seasons at his 2011-2014 averages will get it done, even if the writers hate him.

I also think they are going out of thier to give Lynch a healthy support system, as I will highlight more in a post im working.

Like the decision to keep Tukuafu and Helfet, guys with highly replaceable talent but also guys that Lynch trusts on and off the field, jumping at the opportunity to bring Fred Jackson, one of Lynch's closests friends and mentors.

Even keeping Rawls, who Lynch probably sees alot of himself in over Michael. The last two years Michael has been a board you didnt hear a word of Lynch being a mentor or leader for the young backs.

The now with Rawls and Smith, all of sudden you hear Lynch coming out of his shell and being a mentor. It makes believe that he'll take both of them under his wings and more or less pass the buck of what has made him great.

Couple the fact that Fred Jackson will also be a superb mentor for Rawls and Smith.

Both those young RBs could be tough, fierce, fearless, all-around RBs by this time next year capable of carrying or sharing a load.

kearly

Reaction score
McGruff":1gfgrhv9 said:
Marvin49":1gfgrhv9 said:

Derrick Henry.

I like him a ton, he's my favorite college back this year. But I think at this point he's a safe bet to be a top 15 pick. To run as fast as he does at 6'3" 238 is simply unreal. Very similar to Todd Gurley.

I expect Seattle to keep kicking the tires on second tier RBs. They'll be looking for a rumbler.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
kearly":hzzv0q5z said:
McGruff":hzzv0q5z said:
Marvin49":hzzv0q5z said:

Derrick Henry.

I like him a ton, he's my favorite college back this year. But I think at this point he's a safe bet to be a top 15 pick. To run as fast as he does at 6'3" 238 is simply unreal. Very similar to Todd Gurley.

I expect Seattle to keep kicking the tires on second tier RBs.

Does a 6'3 back worry you? That would make him tied for the tallest RB in the league with Latavius Murray.

kearly

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":11qr31hi said:
Does a 6'3 back worry you? That would make him tied for the tallest RB in the league with Latavius Murray.

Not really.

There's a 6'3" RB on our practice squad right now who looked good for us this preseason. And he doesn't even move that well compared to Murray or Henry. We are entering a new era of athletes where it's not uncommon to see tall athletes dominate.