Is ET More Likely To Get Hurt Now?

chet380

Reaction score
With Kam not available, it seems probable that ET will be involved in more tackles -- last year I cringed every time I saw Earl hurl his 200 lb body at those 225 lb. Rb's and 250 lb TE's.

This is a scenario That I am very fearful about ...imagine our D w/o both Earl and Kam.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I know lost of you are pissed at Kam. But we don't need to invent shit that has not happened to blame him for.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Scottemojo":201up3o2 said:
I know lost of you are pissed at Kam. But we don't need to invent shit that has not happened to blame him for.
Not blaming Kam, just suggesting that ET will be more involved now.

Exittium

Reaction score
chet380":24bheono said:
Scottemojo":24bheono said:

He might, unless he feels whatever info kam has "supposedly" given bailey was enough for him to feel comfortable doing his job and not his and bailey's .. but its football, hell you risk injury breathing, but it doesn't stop people :)

Basis4day

Reaction score
chet380":11e8m2r9 said:
Scottemojo":11e8m2r9 said:

Go look at tackling totals. Thomas has already been way up there. Hes been plenty involved.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":t8324ztr said:

Scottie:

This post is really unfriendly, I don't think the OP intended to make up anything in order to throw rocks at Kam.

I do agree it's a speculative post with a negative spin but that's what some folks live on.

My answer is I doubt that Earl is more likely to get hurt because Kam is not playing.

I really would like to see Kam soon as I believe he's a special force that would be hard for any team to replace. I genuinely love the guy as a ball player.

12thbrah

Reaction score
I would say less likely to get hurt because he's an alien with healing powers who likes Reese's Pieces.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1um4ha0b said:
Scottemojo":1um4ha0b said:

Scottie:

This post is really unfriendly, I don't think the OP intended to make up anything in order to throw rocks at Kam.

I do agree it's a speculative post with a negative spin but that's what some folks live on.

My answer is I doubt that Earl is more likely to get hurt because Kam is not playing.

I really would like to see Kam soon as I believe he's a special force that would be hard for any team to replace. I genuinely love the guy as a ball player.
I was rude. apologies.

Sherm for one will be safer with Kam gone.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
chet380":35rw0vq5 said:
With Kam not available, it seems probable that ET will be involved in more tackles -- last year I cringed every time I saw Earl hurl his 200 lb body at those 225 lb. Rb's and 250 lb TE's.

This is a scenario That I am very fearful about ...imagine our D w/o both Earl and Kam.

So what your saying without saying it is you don't have any faith in Dion to do what is asked of him?

kf3339

Reaction score
Earl Thomas or any other defensive player are no more or less likely to get injured. It doesn't matter who the SS is on this team to imply that one player will keep any other player injury free. This is a rough game and every player knows this, or they wouldn't be on the field.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'd say if #29 is more likely to get hurt now, it's because he has missed camp and preseason (not 100% in football shape), not because of the situation with #31.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3ecx9lct said:
chet380":3ecx9lct said:

So what your saying without saying it is you don't have any faith in Dion to do what is asked of him?

I believe that Dion will "do what is asked of him", but he is not the elite player that Kam is and will miss tackles and plays that Kam would have made and that, as a result, big RB's and TE's will be running free and ET will have to make more tackles.

The more tackles, the more likelihood of injury.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
chet380":3ct9vojy said:
Bigbadhawk":3ct9vojy said:
chet380":3ct9vojy said:

I believe that Dion will "do what is asked of him", but he is not the elite player that Kam is and will miss tackles and plays that Kam would have made and that, as a result, big RB's and TE's will be running free and ET will have to make more tackles.

If it helps even thought its a small amount of data. Last year when Kam missed a couple of games, Earls amount of tackles stayed the same. Try to have some faith in Carroll and Dion and don't worry over the silly stuff. Life is too short already.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chet380":3a0izbm0 said:

Yeah, can you imagine that....Kam?
Earl Thomas chants "Who Got My Back?" Richard Sherman, "I Got Your Back", Again Earl Thomas chants "Who got My Back?".....Kam Chancellor = sound of crickets.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":7ew8z2jm said:
chet380":7ew8z2jm said:
Bigbadhawk":7ew8z2jm said:
chet380":7ew8z2jm said:

If it helps even thought its a small amount of data. Last year when Kam missed a couple of games, Earls amount of tackles stayed the same. Try to have some faith in Carroll and Dion and don't worry over the silly stuff. Life is too short already.

^^^
This

The defense is a system with a role for each position. It does not change based on who is playing. The production of that position may do better or worse but ET can not play FS and SS in the system and doesn't get more or less work based on the play of the other safety position (in general or overall).

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
chet380":3ae6c5rh said:

Worry is interest paid on borrowed grief.