NFL Network on Kam at 4PM Pacific

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Supposedly they talked to him.... we'll hear what he has to say.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Host says Kam just wants 2017 money moved into 2016. No extra money in 2015.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Not all of it. Maybe he wants the $5.1M and $6.8M flipped.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Here is the transcript -

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/641749867249967104[/tweet]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That was my take, he wishes his 5 year deal was a 4 year deal.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
LolaRox":1metk6v7 said:
Here is the transcript -

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/641749867249967104[/tweet]

"Petty" is a good description for his own attitude. He missed all of training camp, the preseason, and now he is missing games. He is fortunate that he plays for a team that is still willing to be patient with him in forgiving the fines.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Chancellor says that all he’s not asking for more money, he’s just asking for some of his $6.8 million 2017 salary to be pushed into 2016. Of course, that actually is asking for more money: With inflation a dollar in 2016 is worth more than a dollar in 2017. And when the Seahawks signed Chancellor through 2017, they did so planning for the annual rise in the NFL salary cap. They can’t just give in to every player who wants money pushed forward in his contract, or else they won’t be able to fit under the salary cap in 2016.

The Seahawks are also concerned that if they give in to Chancellor, every other player will threaten to hold out unless they get advanced some of their future salary. The Seahawks have given in to players in the past, but eventually they figure they have to hold the line. And that’s what they’re doing with Chancellor, whose holdout may not end any time soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uld-do-it/

iigakusei

Reaction score
The part I don't get is being less than a million apart. Does that mean the Seahawks are willing to redo it?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
iigakusei":lre0c8k7 said:
The part I don't get is being less than a million apart. Does that mean the Seahawks are willing to redo it?

They might be willing to move a small number of guarantees into next season, like they did for Marshawn. If you overdo it, then you are setting a new ceiling that every player will be asking for now. And of course, Kam will be holding out again for a new contract after he gets that money moved up.

Petty! :stirthepot:

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Kam has a lot of nerve to use the word "petty" right now.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":1pnf9xh5 said:

Yes, if the Hawks are willing to set the new precedent of re-negotiating contracts with 2 or 3 years remaining on them and cave in to Kam's demands, then why quibble over a few hundred thousand dollars?

Fade

Reaction score
"Petty" good one Kam.

Similar to Marshawn last year SEA probably agreed to move some money up from the back end of the contract. So the front office could still say "no new money was added" argument. BUT NOW the precedent is set. Hold out you get money moved up on your deal.

I expect holdouts every off-season from here on out. Good job PCJS.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
To me this means possibly one of two things. Or both. One, he's not managed his money well and/or two, he doesn't think he can play at this level for much longer. If those two things are reality to him then I understand his position. Nothing else makes any sense to me.