Which Hawks from the Holmgren era deserve the Ring of Honor?

Who belongs in the RoH?

• Matt Hasselbeck

Votes: 103 81.7%
  • Shaun Alexander

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Mack Strong

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • Steve Hutchinson

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Bobby Engram

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Darrell Jackson

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Robbie Tobeck

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Chris Gray

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Marcus Trufant

Votes: 37 29.4%
  • Lofa Tatupu

Votes: 29 23.0%

• Total voters

Maulbert

Reaction score
Obviously discluding Walt, who's already in. Just curious who you think is deserving, feel free to mention anyone you feel I missed. I know not everyone listed deserves it, just wondering about the general concensus.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I voted Hass and Shaun.

Both hold multiple Seahawk records in pretty big categories (Matt has most passing yards, passing TDs...Shaun has most rushing yards and total TDs, for example).

Shaun has a league MVP too, which is pretty big.

And both took us to our first SB, which until 2013 was the most success we'd ever had. I'd love to see their names up in the Ring of Honor, I think they both are very important parts of Seahawk history.

kearly

Reaction score
All those division crowns, plus a Super Bowl run. I bet most of this list makes it in.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":qx9r7tmy said:
Hass, Shaun, Mack & Truf. That's it

I agree. Tatupu was a real transformational figure for three seasons, but I don't think that's enough sustained success for the RoH. His intuition and knowledge of the game were impressive to behold. Having watched Carroll and Norton and some of the other great coaches who helped groom Tatupu when he was at USC, it's easier to understand now why he was so prepared to lead a defense as just a rookie. It seems he has been a natural fit as a defensive coach, where I hope he has even more of an impact for a longer period of time.

sutz

Reaction score
Hass, Shaun, Mack.

Sorry, D was never that dominant or sustained. Tru and Lofa are close, but not quite for me.

Can't put them all in or it cheapens the honor.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Hass, Shaun and Holmgren. That is all.

ROH is for players that elevated the organization, not longevity (Mack and Tru). Michael Sinclair did as much or more in a Seahawks uniform than Mack/Trufant, but he will never be considered. (rightfully so).

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":13an6mhg said:
mrblitz":13an6mhg said:
Nofa.

I'd consider adding Lofa's name if he coaches with us for a few strong years, and moves up a bit in the ranks, too.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
You need a "none" option.

Only Walt but he is in. Not everyone gets a trophy.

justafan

Reaction score
I think you have to keep it to players who are almost HOF worthy.I have a lot players I love but dont deserve to be there.
Look at the Cowboys history and the ring of honor members compared to the Seahawks.
Should it be based on sentiment and popularity like Zorn or accomplishments like HOFers Tez and Jones?
I love Hasslebeck and Alexander but they arn't legends of the game.That team will always be special to me and all longtime fans but how many of them are truly considered great players in the history of the game?
If its not for the truly greats then it loses its meaning.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
sutz":17mb4xe8 said:
Hass, Shaun, Mack.

Sorry, D was never that dominant or sustained. Tru and Lofa are close, but not quite for me.

Can't put them all in or it cheapens the honor.

That's my three as well. Hass--best QB before Russ. Shaun, best before Beast. Mack was just Mr. Seahawk for so long.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Lofa could still get in IMO depending on how his coaching career goes. A solid few seasons on the field plus a solid tenure as coach could do it.

Some teams load up their rings of honor with players who meant a lot to the organization while they were there, others are very selective about who they let in. I'm ok with being the former. I'm not saying they should let in Derrick Loville or Carlton Gray, but players that had extended careers during the (before Pete Carroll) most successful era of the organization? Certainly.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Maulbert":1nxr6vs6 said:
ImTheScientist":1nxr6vs6 said:
You need a "none" option.

Only Walt but he is in. Not everyone gets a trophy.

It's called not voting. If you can vote for all, you can vote for none.

You understand a none vote would affect the percentage in the poll? I tried selecting none of them and it didn't work when I voted.