Pete Prisco cracks me up

kearly

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

I've never seen a pundit struggle to hide anti-Seahawks bias more than this guy.

EDIT: here's what his power rankings said, without having to click the link:

1 - Packers

The loss of Jordy Nelson will be a big hit to the passing game, but Aaron Rodgers is great with new receivers. The Packers have seen a lot of them leave the past three years, and Rodgers rolls on.

2 - Patriots

They suffered some hits on defense, but I think the improvement by a lot of guys in the front seven will help compensate for that. Brady and the offense will be just fine.

3 - Cowboys

They might not be as powerful running the football, but Tony Romo and the passing game will still be good. That pass rush up front could be special on defense.

4 - Steelers

The offense will be tough to stop. As the defense matures, it will be up to the offense to carry this team. There is young talent on defense.

5 - Colts

As long as Andrew Luck is slinging it in a weak division, they will be near the top of these rankings. The defense has to be better.

6 - Cardinals

With Carson Palmer back, I think they are the team to beat in the NFC West. They just have to avoid the injury jinx.

7 - Ravens

The roster is still deep and talented and they have a good passer and a good pass rush. That's huge.

8 - Broncos

Peyton Manning is far from done and the defense is loaded with pass rushers. That's a nice combo to make a deep playoff run.

9 - Seahawks

The uncertainty up front of the offensive line is a major concern. The addition of Jimmy Graham might be able to compensate for it. We know the defense will be good -- if the starting secondary is on the field.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cardinals homer thinks Cards are contenders.

I knew he'd have them Top-10 before I even pressed the link.

Seafan

Reaction score
9th? He's out doing himself. I wasn't expecting first from that idiot but 9th is really hating.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
His concerns for the Hawks is valid, but they're still #1 or #2.

HawkGA

Reaction score
My personal favorite part is that without Jordy Nelson the Packers are still #1 because Aaron Rodgers is good with new receivers. How many LOB members have the Hawks developed and have leave yet have been able to replace them? Yet that is still a question mark for the Seahawks? I agree it's a question mark but not more of a question mark than the Packers' receiving corps.

Laloosh

Reaction score
How bad would it suck to be the guy in that video having to "happily" sit and listen to him in that segment w/out laughing hysterically at him?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":mn27e7j0 said:
Cardinals homer thinks Cards are contenders.

I knew he'd have them Top-10 before I even pressed the link.
I swear he picks the cards every year. It's been that way for like 12 years. He is an absolute ass.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
He doesn't hide it if you read each teams line. He mentions positives of each team but when you get to the hawks he is a bit negative. He mentions o'line is questionable and defense is good IF the starting secondary is on the field.

Even if I wasn't a hawk fan the guy comes off like a tool, but curious if the hawks pooped in his cheerios years ago.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A bad offensive line hasn't kept anyone out of the Super Bowl for a decade now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Appreciate the link kearly, but I simply won't click on this guy's stuff anymore because as you said his anti-Hawk bias is just too obvious. If a guy wants to be fair like Andy Benoit (on Montana's thread) that's great. No team is perfect but Prickso is just a hater.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He just has such a punchable face too.

Really that CBS football blog as a whole is basically insufferable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He is the Michael "crackhead" Irvin (picks the Cowboys to be in the Super Bowl every year) of sports writers. Don't click on his links and if he insists on being wrong every year then so be it. I've never lost any sleep over what a national a$$clown says about the Hawks, pro or con.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Apparently Prisco is an Arizona State University alum. I grew up in AZ myself and very nearly went to college at Arizona or ASU. I've long liked the Cardinals as my 2nd team. But honestly, I've never known Cardinals fans to be as prideful as Prisco. Generally speaking they are a humble bunch, as they should be.

I've never really taken much pleasure from seeing the Seahawks trounce the Cardinals, but I will now, knowing that every Beastquake run on their team will ruin Prisco's week.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Every time I get sucked into reading something from Prisco about the Hawks I regret having done so.

I think he gets more responses from the Seahawks fan base than from any other group. He's just a troll and his stuff really isn't very well thought out.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":23me3vbn said:
He just has such a punchable face too.

Really that CBS football blog as a whole is basically insufferable.

Most of the rest (Will Brinson, etc) are made up of totally mediocre minds. The one shining exception is Dave Richard, who's flippin' awesome, but he's generally limited to fantasy football topics.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":72r0s9bg said:
Appreciate the link kearly, but I simply won't click on this guy's stuff anymore because as you said his anti-Hawk bias is just too obvious. If a guy wants to be fair like Andy Benoit (on Montana's thread) that's great. No team is perfect but Prickso is just a hater.

I actually kind of like Prisco in a WWE heel kind of way.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Since he is being stupid why no put the Hawks 32? Chancellor's holdout will cause a massive defect of the team and we'll be starting 3/4 our our units with people off the street. This will cause Carroll and Schneider to quit and Paul Allen decides to sell the team. No one buys it because it has no value and moves to Oklahoma City changing it's name to the Dust Devils after Century Link is burned down in a riot. :sarcasm_off:

Prisco :pukeface:

rastahawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past him to deliberately do this to get Seahawks fan reactions. He's mentioned before how our fans are a sensitive bunch. Probably went something like this, "You wanna see the 12's get mad watch this..." I consider myself to be on the conservative and level-headed side of the field when it comes to fandom but I actually can not rationally think of a scenario where the Hawks are the ninth best team in the NFL right now. If you can please do share.