Ex-Hawk Turbin picked up by the Browns

Basis4day

Reaction score
What is with the Browns and claiming so many of our waived players?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Nice - he should have a chance to play there. Wish him the best.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That's actually a surprise, because they just cut a healthy player to grab him. Now they lose that roster spot for 4-5 weeks.

Great situation for Turbin, though. Great O-Line but little RB depth ahead of him. Crowell is a question mark and Duke Johnson is already a concussion risk.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I was never really sold on Turbin...
But nobody deserves to be exiled to the Factory of Sadness!
Good Luck to him!

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Phil Bates never worked for the Browns either after they claimed him or signed him off the Hawks practice squad. They also have claimed about 3-4 of the offensive lineman we've released over the last few years.

I wonder if the Hawks would be interested in bringing back Pryor as a WR? I think they tried to convince him to make the switch when he was here playing QB but he told the Hawks "I can't catch"

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":27mg6zmr said:
That's actually a surprise, because they just cut a healthy player to grab him. Now they lose that roster spot for 4-5 weeks.

Great situation for Turbin, though. Great O-Line but little RB depth ahead of him. Crowell is a question mark and Duke Johnson is already a concussion risk.

They were already on the record saying they were unhappy with their RB situation. I had expected them to trade for Christine Michaels if anything but do fully understand why they went this way.

Keeping Pryor on the roster makes sense if Johnny Manziel is the starting QB as they have some similiar skillsets. To have two QBs on the roster that shouldn't be playing in the NFL is one to many :)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This makes me sad........although many seem to not be big Turbin fans, I always liked him and wish he could of stayed. Lots of unknowns in the backfield right now.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
cool dude, nice guy but no spot on the roster for him. We will draft Beasts replacement next year. Turbs was underwhelming at best.

kearly

Reaction score
Count me in as someone who is surprised. I figured Turbin would get picked up eventually, but not this soon. I still think he'll be back with Seattle next training camp as a dirt cheap FA.

Turbin showed gradual improvement year to year, but I think we had a pretty good idea of what he is an and isn't at this point. In the event of an RB injury, I'd like to see Rod Smith promoted from the PS. He didn't get many looks this preseason, but looked good when he played.

It's been a while since Cleveland made a starting RB look good, despite having such a reputed OL. Hopefully Turbin can snap that streak. Rooting for him.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Turbin never seamed like he was going to be an every down back, but he was a pretty solid #2. I wouldn't have minded seeing him back on the roster. Wish him success with the Browns. Now I hope Rawls has a solid rookie season with the few touches he gets.

12thManMilitia

Reaction score
Always liked Turbo backs to his Utah State days, He never was going to be the option for replacing Beast. We could just keep draft RB's or signing undrafted cheaper. Unfortunatly the Seahawks needs to watch their wallet on everyone for a few years.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Maybe we should pick up Terrelle Pryor who they released to grab Turbin since he's finally decided to convert to WR?
:twisted:

But who could we release...

Meh he's probably not worth starting a PS pillaging war, like we had with SF, anyways...

Latest posts