Why do people grill on the Seahawks fanbase?

silverandgold

Reaction score
Whenever I go to the social media on the NFL, I go like "ooh there's a 60 yard pass by aaron rodgers gotta take a look" and then for some reason the comments sections are full of guys trashing the Seahawks fan base.

I see people going like "lol 'hawks fans don't know who hasselbeck is" or "100% of 'hawks fans are bandwagoners LOLOLOLOLOL" and the I get simply tired of seeing this type of behavior people are having.

I mean sure there's bandwagoners, but in my state of connecticut, there's ppl who are fans of all successful teams outside of CT. I met a lot of fans of the cowboys (indeed A LOT of cowboy fans) 49ers, dolphins, packers, steelers, you name it and I just don't why those teams rarely if ever get bashed for having non-native fanbases.

Not only that but if you go the meme generator, ppl like make a living making pointless memes that they think they're making a difference of calling all Seahawks fans bangwagoners in their stupid photoshopped images with captions.

If any of you are familiar with a youtuber named norb-cam, there's ppl who constantly make a comment on whatever video he makes that down right demoralizes the 12th man. Why are so obsessive with the Seahawks in a negative way?

Other leagues also have evil empires that pretty much hated by everyone else, but the haters don't go randomly wage a crusade on the said hated teams whenever they are brought up. I think the NFL community on the social media is more toxic than others. It's just stupid that ppl think they are somehow on a mission to slam the 'hawks and the 12th man on a never ending battle across the internet.

The real bandwagoniners are the haters, not the fans. Cuz we don't obsess about our team as the haters do. To prove that fact, just 5+ years ago, they were all hating on the patriots and their fanbase.

Now since the patriots are now having a twilight of their golden age, now they're hating on us, tho we are not yet the evil empire type, (we so far have 1 SB win). It just boggles my mind why people are so OCD over a friggin' sports team.

Why do you think the people have a special hatred to our team? Beside us being successful?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Probably something to do with the fact we think we are the best fans in the league and that alone among franchises we have a homefield advantage that acts like 12 men on the field. But i dont know...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly, it's likely based upon envy or a refusal to acknowledge the Hawks have probably been the best team in football for the past 3 seasons.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Welcome to .NET. :2:

That being said. We are what is known as the new kids on the block. Which means that other kids need to beat the hell out of them to show who is boss. I know this concept personally. The other kids are now understanding that we wont back down. And can take a punch with the best of them. That is where the ire is coming from. Remember that the team used to play out of South Alaska in a turned over crab boiler (Kingdome). Now we are From SEATTLE and they actually like Seattle except for that dang football team.

Go HAWKS

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
First of all, paragraphs are your friend man.

Secondly, it simply has to be jealousy because if there's an evil empire in the NFL it's the Cheatriots. Screw 'em and enjoy our team's success.

RussB

Reaction score
Becuase the seahawks sucess makes them mad. Every time they see the seahawks beating their favorite teams it pisses them off so they start trashing the fanbase saying everyone is "bandwagoners". its pretty funny

Smellyman

Reaction score
On social media Hawk fans are very annoying. Say the slightest negative thing about the Hawks and their twitter gets blown up. Comment sections gets blown up. .NET is better controlled by mods.

Loudest stadium and very LOUD in social media too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Because comment threads are the worst places on Earth and people make these comments simply to get likes

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Because we are relevant.

Something we haven't been for the majority of our franchise history.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's the price of success, it doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy wearing the black hat, let em hate! 8)

OP
OP
S

silverandgold

Reaction score
And I took a look at older posts about this subject, and many posters have compared our fanbase to other sport teams, like the chicago blackhawks, san fran giants, golden state warriors, etc. and they have massive about of hate in their respective sports leagues, but unlike the Seahawks, you don't go on youtube and see ppl going ape in the comments whenever the said teams are said at any point, while if you say anything that even hints the Seahawks, the comment box goes WW3. I think the NFL community on social media is especially toxic.

McG

Reaction score
Fair weather fans are in every city, in every state, for any team that is doing well. For example, how many Pats fans were there before 2000? Sure they had a couple of SB's before that, but they got destroyed by the '85 Bears in one and the other '97(?) they just got beat by a better team and a guy that went crazy on special teams. Overall in their history, they have been complete garbage. Then factor in the Belichick era, I am fully convinced they have been cheating from day one of his regime. There are way to many marginal rosters to prove anything other wise. The only team that seemed like a legit, bad ass roster from top to bottom was '07 and they lost the SB. Now, Pats fans now act like they are Gods gift to the world, just like Red Sox fans do after '04. Take the hate with a grain of salt. Most fans think 12's are nothing and we just showed up. We've been the loudest in sports for years now, not every 'Hawks fan is a die hard, but the same can be said about every fan base, in all sports. They are just jealous of our success.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
There is an idea that somehow the past is relevant. Because you are a Packer or Bears fan you are somehow on a higher plain. It's about perception. Who knows, in 2015 Jacksonville might win the big one, then what does history really mean?

Pittsburgh was dumpster fire until the '70s. Now they're the "best" fans in the league?? Dallas still holds on to Tom Landry as the God of football. SF had the best team in the NFL .... 30 years ago.

The point is ... you enjoy your team and root for them, regardless of the outside noise. You make your own tradition.

Remember .. it's all for fun.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Being a BangWaggoner sounds like fun. BangWagner on the other hand, would probably be fairly unpleasant.