Richard Sherman's "Thoughts on the Season Opener"

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Thoughts On The Season Opener
POSTED BY: RICHARD SHERMAN in BLOG

Preseason is over. Got our roster set. It's go time. Playing the Rams in St. Louis this week. I always think it's good to start the season against a division rival because it sets the tone for the season. You are forced to get that extra edge from the very beginning which keeps you locked in longer. It's good cause if you win you already got one of the important games out of the way, even though every game in the NFL is important. If you lose, well then you are that much more motivated to go in next week and put things right.

Read the rest here: http://www.richardsherman25.com/blogs/b ... mythoughts

morgulon1

Reaction score
From another one of RS blogs.

"It means so much to me to be on this defense for a 5th year now. Guys may come and go but LOB is as strong as ever, and this entire team is ready to bring another Super Bowl title to Seattle. We won't accept anything less as a success. Can’t wait to see all you 12s out at CenturyLink field in a couple weeks, but first we got to go on the road against the Rams and Packers. I promise you this team is doing everything we can to make sure SB48 was not a fluke. We want to build an even richer history here... now. "

I love that guy.We are lucky to have the people on this team that we do. It's a great time to be a Seahawk fan.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I thought it was kind of interesting the way he emphasized "the need to continue improving each week," in particular mentioning the addition of Marcus Burley at nickel. I wonder if he was surprised by the release of Will Blackmon, someone who obviously had a lot of experience playing with the LOB.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Blackmon has only been here for two off-seasons and pre-season and missed the cut both times.

Burley has been here for an entire season plus this last off-season and pre-season.

Blackmon seems like a fun dude and probably was a great friend to those guys but Burley and Blackmon both have about the same experience within the system.

Seahawks probably could have kept either or for the NCB job but I think Carroll has cited Burley has a solid special teams contributor.