Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
That's all she wrote. If Paul Allen is telling Kam we're done with you then as Kam you have two options; Continue to pout and hold out or crawl back to the team, keep quiet about it, and apologize profusely for the next month once you return.

OP
OP
L

leto69

Reaction score
Its a safe bet that he will get his letter in the mail shortly about his fines not being waived as well. Those alone are nearly $1Million dollars at this point.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
leto69":1gkusdlu said:
The big man has spoken....http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... spartandhp

Good night Kam, pretty damn selfish. A lesson he will regret as his career progresses.
It's just sad that he's talking bad advice from someone. He'll be missed but won't be irreplaceable. There are many ways to skin a cat and nearly every last one doesn't require that the Seahawks have a historically great defense.

The NFL is a quarterback driven league and I think it's past time to let Wilson start driving. Or did we just pay 21 million per year for Alex Smith?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
What a drag. One of the stalwarts of this team. Fire your agent and come back to work. As with the rest of us mere mortals, no one is irreplaceable. Fire your agent and pull your head out...

Edit: When Paul Allen speaks out (who is one of, if not THE most, hands-off owners in any professional sport), it's time to pay attention.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I have noticed in this thread and some other Kam threads how a number of folks are assuming that Kam is getting bad advice from his agent or others. Where has it been acknowledge in print or audio because i would sure love a link for proof. It is just as easy to assume that this was Kams idea and his pride is what has kept him from backing down.

McGruff

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1fj6t49r said:
leto69":1fj6t49r said:
The big man has spoken....http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... spartandhp

Good night Kam, pretty damn selfish. A lesson he will regret as his career progresses.
It's just sad that he's talking bad advice from someone. He'll be missed but won't be irreplaceable. There are many ways to skin a cat and nearly every last one doesn't require that the Seahawks have a historically great defense.

The NFL is a quarterback driven league and I think it's past time to let Wilson start driving. Or did we just pay 21 million per year for Alex Smith?

He's not getting bad advice. This is all on him. If this was agent driven it would be agent in the public talking to the media. Just like Mark Rogers. But it's not. It Kam taking it the streets because this is all Kam.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Wow, that says 1.5 mil in fines and 267k per game.

That translates to over 1 million a game if he misses the first two.

I hate this. I really hate this.

The Breh

Reaction score
This whole thing has ran its course. I'm sick of it.
Kam is gonna work his self right into debt being a proud, stubborn man.
Come back and help us back to a 3rd straight super bowl.
When you see us winning without you tho, it's gonna make that soul burn slow.....

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":5xhqjurc said:
I have noticed in this thread and some other Kam threads how a number of folks are assuming that Kam is getting bad advice from his agent or others. Where has it been acknowledge in print or audio because i would sure love a link for proof. It is just as easy to assume that this was Kams idea and his pride is what has kept him from backing down.

That is not assumed at all, but certainly could be a contributing factor. It's one or the other; pull your head out Kam or be reluctantly replaced. We all understand it's a business, and for that reason (given his contract relative to other SS in this league), none of this makes any real sense regardless of the source.

jkitsune

Reaction score
What's so silly about his 'petty' comments is that if he views the difference as that minor, why isn't he putting it aside to come back and play with his teammates? 'Petty' goes both ways.

I also don't understand why he thinks is request is so minor. Moving $4M from the last year of his contract to the 2nd-to-last year of his contract is a major, major imposition on a team's cap. I also don't believe for a second that he's going to feel happy playing for $2.8M in the last year of his contract - he'll come back and want to renegotiate/sign an extension that will tack on money for that year, and get paid twice.

If you 'don't want to wait until nearly age 30' to renegotiate, then don't sign a 5-year contract. But you did. You can't un-sign it. Your request is not minor - it's an enormous change to the tail end of your contract.

I obviously want us to win by any means possible, but it would give me great joy to see the defense dominate, and Dion Bailey have a great game. I love Kam, and will forgive him if he comes back, but at this point, I'd be really disappointed in the team if they yield an inch.

irocdave

Reaction score
If Paul Allen actually talked contract negotiations with Kam, he should have understood who he was talking to and taken what was offered. He may be able to tell his children he told off one of the richest men in the world, but he will do that from a much lesser surrounding than he would have if he took what was offered. Most people have no idea what it takes to be one on one with Paul Allen. He spends most of his time out of country....takes months to coordinate direct communication. Even for 150+ million dollar endeavors.

Kam needs to report, he will not win this fight.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1vt3inh6 said:
Bigbadhawk":1vt3inh6 said:

That is not assumed at all, but certainly could be a contributing factor. It's one or the other; pull your head out Kam or be reluctantly replaced. We all understand it's a business, and for that reason (given his contract relative to other SS in this league), none of this makes any real sense regardless of the source.

You say that isnt assuming but then go one to say its one or the other. Isnt that what assuming is? people are assuming it is kam at fault and others are assuming its his agents fault yet no one knows for a fact. :34853_doh:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm over Kam, don't care if he ever comes back, in fact, I hope he stays away and collects his fines and doesn't collect his game checks. He's not so important that he not being here will derail the season, so let him sit at home. I'll be rooting for the 53 guys who showed up and busted their butts for this organization.

Hutch>Kam

Donn2390

Reaction score
More and more I'm thinking he isn't healthy, he knows his time is limited and wants to cash in while he can, get that guaranteed dollar now. That would make him not only selfish, but fraudulent..
There is always room for one more Uber cab driver, I hear they get good tips...

12thMan

Reaction score
jkitsune":1fkvzh3e said:
What's so silly about his 'petty' comments is that if he views the difference as that minor, why isn't he putting it aside to come back and play with his teammates? 'Petty' goes both ways.

I also don't understand why he thinks is request is so minor. Moving $4M from the last year of his contract to the 2nd-to-last year of his contract is a major, major imposition on a team's cap.

On Softy's show, Helie made it sound like Kam wanted Earl free safety type money and started his negotiations looking for an additional 8 million. Since he was willing to meet them half way at 4 million, he felt the Hawks were being 'Petty' for not coming up with the extra $900K from their supposed 3.1 million offer.

I have a hard time believing they truly have a 3.1 million offer on the table for Kam.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Donn2390":1t6gt8tf said:
More and more I'm thinking he isn't healthy, he knows his time is limited and wants to cash in while he can, get that guaranteed dollar now. That would make him not only selfish, but fraudulent..
There is always room for one more Uber cab driver, I hear they get good tips...

I think there is truth in this. I've always wondered if this was due to injury...and perhaps not one specific injury but just the reality setting in on him that his body can't continue to maintain indefinitely. He knows he only has a couple years left and he is trying to get some extra cash because he is about done and won't see another contract.

Mick063

Reaction score
He will eventually report and play. He might have some of his fines forgiven, but he will never make back all the money he will lose.

Before his contract escalates to premium pay in his final year, he will become a cap casualty. The team will move on and pay someone else.

I see Seattle drafting a running back and a safety next year. Perhaps with their first two picks.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm sure Paul Allen was NOT pleased with the "petty" remark, or with Kam blabbing about the money differences. How unprofessional of Kam to do that.

Hats off to Allen for stepping in and sending a clear and concise message to Kam.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Phoenix":rij1167n said:
I'm sure Paul Allen was NOT pleased with the "petty" remark, or with Kam blabbing about the money differences. How unprofessional of Kam to do that.

Hats off to Allen for stepping in and sending a clear and concise message to Kam.

Yep. The one thing that I respected Kam for not doing in all of this, was going to the press. So much for that.