So confusing. Why did we trade for Jimmy Graham?

FanSince82

Reaction score
We don't pass beyond 10 yards and when we get near the endzone, we don't throw jump balls. Our line often doesn't hold up long enough for Jimmy to even run his route. 3rd with 3 to go and Russ locks in on Baldwin :lol:

Did we trade for the most expensive blocking TE in history? :cry:

Anyway let's hope Pete can find a way to make use of his unique talents.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Time will tell. I didn't like the fact that he didn't reach for a couple of those balls.
Several times he was just 1-2 yards short of 1st down. Sure that could have been blamed on RW's throws, but we'll see as the season goes on.

Go Hawks!

hawkporvida

Reaction score
So ol shit like harvin except this guy will not be easy to realease .... But this was coaches lose AGIAN !! If these hawks lose next week this team is done !!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They gambled that they could make an offensive line out of former DTs, a converted t
TE, and a couple of guys cut from other teams practice squads.

I expect things to improve a little as the line gels and as Lockett begins to take over as the number 1 WR he will take coverage away from Jimmy.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Yes the offensive line had a lot to do with Foles picking apart our secondary.

King Dog

Reaction score
hawkporvida":i1yizu96 said:
So ol shit like harvin except this guy will not be easy to realease .... But this was coaches lose AGIAN !! If these hawks lose next week this team is done !!
lol

12thbrah

Reaction score
This thread. Russ is just afraid to pull the trigger sometimes and let Graham do his thing. Plus Russ held on to the ball way too long but thats another topic

paramedic586

Reaction score
Did you guys catch the piece about jimmy Graham still being in shock about being traded? Is that something you all knew up in Seattle?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2vmjbpnk said:
I wish Russell felt more comfortable throwing up jump balls to Graham. There were definitely some missed opportunities in this game.

Very good point. Graham is 6'7 and Russell somehow manages to overthrow him. He did it again in the red zone today. Should have been a TD but settled for a FG that drive. One of the plays that could have made a difference in the game.

Renohawk

Reaction score
I think the INT Russ threw out on the right flats to Lynch, made an affect on his future reads. Later on the goal, he clearly had JG open on a slant and passed it up.

stang233

Reaction score
I love RW. But it has to be his height. Those 6'5" guy throw that ball over the middle so fast. Less than 1.5 seconds. Wilson never does that. I am just not sure his vision is the best across the middle.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
RW tried to force it to Jimmy Graham at one point in the end zone and missed a wide open Tyler Lockett in the corner. He was literally ALL ALONE. Crazy thing was... I was yelling at the screen saying "Just throw it up to Jimmy!"

Jimmy Graham is good. It's pretty silly to be going all chicken little with this already. Give it a few games. We're going to see improvement and the QB / TE combo is going to have several seasons together. Most of that, I suspect, is going to be a sight to see.

justafan

Reaction score
I like prototypical TEs.Tough,can play inline and be an asset to the running game, and plays with an attitude.
I also think finesse tightends are overated when it comes to winning championships.When I think of real TEs i think of a player who contributes power running game and tough SOBs.

Graham might become a great weapon for us but he is still the player who ran away from Kam.Maybe he will become a good blocker but I dont see him going fearless over the middle selling out for the catch like others.

It seems a move away from being a tough minded offense.If we win with it Im ok.
It will take time for him to work into the O and everyone to get on the same page.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Iam feeling good about the offense going into week 2.. But that secondary was horrible. No life in it. If that Bailey guy yawns again on game day, i would send him home to sleep right there and then.