This loss...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Is clearly on the defense. When you consistently give up long plays, its hard to win. Their oline was supposed to be worse than ours, yet Foles was only sacked twice. They beat us in time of possession by 9 minutes, yet we outrushed them by 48 yards. We had more plays yet less yards. We won the turnover ratio 3-1, yet the defense gave up big play after big play.

Until this defense regains their swagger and intimidation factor, we will continue to see games like this. Was it the absence of #31? Kris Richard in his first game as DC? A huge drop in talent at CB? Or all of the above?

Exittium

Reaction score
Wilson man after that interception went turtle mode for a little bit.. that hurt some, but the defense... is hit or miss, and Bevell.. they must keep him around because he's roont, no other explanation.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
How about an onside kick instead of pinning them back on their side of the field? This loss is on Peter Carroll!!!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1gjjnb6t said:
How about an onside kick instead of pinning them back on their side of the field? This loss is on Peter Carroll!!!

I would agree with this. Even if you are pinning losses on Bevell you need to instead point to Pete and John. It is beyond ridiculous that Bevell continues to be employed here. This has become a fool me once shame on you, fool me 73 times shame on me kind of situation. And while I am on that, while Paul was piping up about Kam (which I like) he should have mandated Bevell get fired as well. Two birds one stone.

Mick063

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2s7t2a0b said:
What was th deal with Pete calling a time out before the 2 min warning?

WTF

That was Wilson that called it. I agree that he should have clocked it if he needed the time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Lost of mistakes. Very sloppy on Defense and lots of head-scratching coaching decisions. The thing that worries me most is the big plays given up. Hopefully the Defense can get things in order.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
sucks, for sure. But its game 1. We've rarely opened up the season with a bang. 16 games is a long season. As long as we fire Bevell we'll be OK.

BlueOne

Reaction score
What? Wilson didn't call that, our defense was on the field.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Mick063":1tjgyvq0 said:
Hawk_Nation":1tjgyvq0 said:
What was th deal with Pete calling a time out before the 2 min warning?

WTF

That was Wilson that called it. I agree that he should have clocked it if he needed the time.

we were on defense

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
The defense and offense were equally average most the game.

The difference was the defense made a couple big plays. The offense didn't.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
And everything the defense did in the 2nd half is forgotten because of one play. Nice short term memory.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We played like we have some new guys in key spots. Not totally unexpected, but still disappointing.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2tmpbpvm said:

I have no problem with the onside kick. In fact I think it was a pretty good call considering how the game was going and the timing of it. The execution could have been better. Worse case scenario is that they would have scored a TD on a short field and the game would be over then. They were moving the ball in big chuncks so the extra 25 yards potentially given up were really a non factor. In the overtime, just don't give up a TD and you have a chance. They didn't but loss anyway. I was actually hoping they would call an onsides kick here, but after seeing that the Rams had their hands team in they probably should have aborted and just kicked it deep. No arm no foul on the onsides kick IMO.

stack55

Reaction score
This o-line had a lot to do with this loss. Wilson
Was running for his life most of the time.

There were very few holes for lynch to run through.