Hasselbeck

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/643164834205339648[/tweet]

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Condotta saying the plan was to squib it away from Austin.

I don't think he'd throw Hauschka under the bus like that.. but I don't know why you'd call a squib too

jake206

Reaction score
I too think this is spin. Too many missed-called or miss hits? You'd think they might haven't gotten this right, since they've been practicing this all summer long.

So is this what he thinks also happened to the timeout call near 2 min mark before the end of regulation?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Oh, bull. That was clearly hit short intentionally. Even if it was supposed to be a squib, it was a terrible call.

It just blows my mind how ST always determines these games. This time, Fisher didn't even have to call any trickery. Just BEING in STL made Pete out-think himself.

jake206

Reaction score
jkitsune":12pxsspw said:
Oh, bull. That was clearly hit short intentionally. Even if it was supposed to be a squib, it was a terrible call.

It just blows my mind how ST always determines these games. This time, Fisher didn't even have to call any trickery. Just BEING in STL made Pete out-think himself.

Out-think himself. This is starting to be a bad habit, ever since the SB. I hope he drops it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this but with a top 5 defense that has a history of winning games, how do you not give them the best possible chance?

I'm not a fan of that call either way. Onsides or squib.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I don't think that is spin. If you watch the Seahawk coverage, they didn't approach the play like it was onside. Most of them were still well behind the line when the ball was kicked and didn't show any sign of converging on an onside attempt.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":22s6u53j said:

LMFAO! Unbelievable Pete would say that. I lose respect for a man for such an outright lie.

It's like Pete just knew Fischer was gonna get him with a trick play again so he thought he'd beat him to the punch.

And it failed.

Miserably.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Apparently the call was for a squib kick that would be chipped over the front line for an attempted recovery. So Pete's defense is that he actually called a DIFFERENT bad play.