O-line

northseahawk

Reaction score
I personally think the oline did a better job than the previous years against the rams. They gave up the sacks, but I blame at least half of them on RW and Bevell for not adjusting to the blitzes.

You can't expect 4 seconds on 7 men blitzing.

The rams defense is great. They were swarming like freaking hyenas. Fast as hell. Wouldn't be surprised if they win the division this year.

SeaChase

Reaction score
I think they did fairly well against a good Rams D. Scoring 31 pts in the first game is promising.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SeaChase":24t7ybsw said:
I think they did fairly well against a good Rams D. Scoring 31 pts in the first game is promising.

31 points from the offense would have been great. Except the offense didn't score 31 points. There was a defensive TD and a special teams TD.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I was really happy with what I saw from the offensive line today, almost ecstatic when you consider this was by far their most difficult assignment of the year.

I was very happy that they didn't seem to wear down late in the game. I was worried about their conditioning and their ability to maintain consistency for 60 plus minutes.

No, they weren't an all-pro line today. I'm not saying they were awesome, I am saying they exceeded my expectations for this game, and if they continue to exceed expectations for the rest of the year they will be solidly in the top ten lines. They let a few pressures get through and weren't exactly road graders in the run game. However, many of the sacks are on Russ and the protection calls. You can't expect 5 guys to stop seven. Especially when it is the Rams front seven.

I fully expected us to match our record for the first ten games last season, and wouldn't be surprised to see us at .500 after the first six. This is not a problem. It's Seahawks football. Start slow then come on strong at the end.

No injuries, better than expected O-line play. I'm stoked for the season

-bsd

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
It's the first game... Against the only team in the NFL that knows how to kick our butts and do it our way.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Is Cable responsible for the OL personell? I mean I know Sweezy is his pick but even he was intended to be a project right?
I guess I'm asking if the GM is buying the chef hot dogs and expecting him to serve filet mignon?