John Schneider / Pete Carroll - Poor Decisions

emurri

Reaction score
When will they get it that they need a decent o-line? Will it ever sink in with them? Some people are saying that o-line does not matter any longer in today's game. But when you have so much invested in your QB, what sense does it make to not protect him? They continue to trust Cable and it continues to be an issue. They deserve all the credit in the world for the back to back Super Bowls. They also deserve criticism for the inability to find and develop decent o-lines. If its not the players and its coaching, then they need to make changes to the coaching staff and find someone who can actually develop the players they pick.

Another poor decision is the Kam situation. By doing what they did with Lynch last year they opened the door for these kinds of holdouts (I know it is stupid for Kam to do this, and I know Lynch only had one year left). They totally underestimated the impact that not having Kam would create. And they did nothing to prepare for a prolonged holdout. I am sorry but Baily is not a suitable replacement, even back-up, for Kam. The defense looked totally different. Not anything like a playoff caliber defense. It seemed like this defense was just lackluster today, and I think much of that is because of what Kam brings in terms of leadership.

Pete Carroll's game decisions are just stupid. He can't anticipate surprise play's (even when the announcers are predicting them) and then he gives up a free field goal in a another stupid call with a clearly obvious onside kick (trying to get back against Fisher, who has owned him in special teams play calls). And on top of that the Rams had wide open receivers all over the field, something that has been happening all preseason and continues. Carroll used to be one of the great game time adjusters I had seen but know its like he has regressed so much in this area.

Trades are something else that seems to blow up on this team all of the time. I am not saying Jimmy Graham was a bad trade but giving up 5th and 6th round picks for guys that are supposed to be special team demons only to give a punt return td. Then we trade our guys for nothing.

Pete and John have been such a great team and I am so glad we have them but I no longer see them as the best in the game. When they first got here they did things differently and that made us great, now everybody knows what we are going to do and how to beat us. They must get back to the innovative, unorthodox approach that brought us so much success, because right now we look like a very average team that will struggle to make the playoffs. I mean, if we get tore up by Nick Foles, what is going to happen next week in Green Bay? We are going to be 0-2 and very few teams can make the playoffs with that kind of start. I guess the saving grace is that if any team can fix things it is this one. It seems like we are never out of a game, I just don't have the confidence that will win these games anymore.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
emurri":1rnsgt3t said:
When will they get it that they need a decent o-line? Will it ever sink in with them? Some people are saying that o-line does not matter any longer in today's game. But when you have so much invested in your QB, what sense does it make to not protect him? They continue to trust Cable and it continues to be an issue. They deserve all the credit in the world for the back to back Super Bowls. They also deserve criticism for the inability to find and develop decent o-lines. If its not the players and its coaching, then they need to make changes to the coaching staff and find someone who can actually develop the players they pick.

Another poor decision is the Kam situation. By doing what they did with Lynch last year they opened the door for these kinds of holdouts (I know it is stupid for Kam to do this, and I know Lynch only had one year left). They totally underestimated the impact that not having Kam would create. And they did nothing to prepare for a prolonged holdout. I am sorry but Baily is not a suitable replacement, even back-up, for Kam. The defense looked totally different. Not anything like a playoff caliber defense. It seemed like this defense was just lackluster today, and I think much of that is because of what Kam brings in terms of leadership.

Pete Carroll's game decisions are just stupid. He can't anticipate surprise play's (even when the announcers are predicting them) and then he gives up a free field goal in a another stupid call with a clearly obvious onside kick (trying to get back against Fisher, who has owned him in special teams play calls). And on top of that the Rams had wide open receivers all over the field, something that has been happening all preseason and continues. Carroll used to be one of the great game time adjusters I had seen but know its like he has regressed so much in this area.

Trades are something else that seems to blow up on this team all of the time. I am not saying Jimmy Graham was a bad trade but giving up 5th and 6th round picks for guys that are supposed to be special team demons only to give a punt return td. Then we trade our guys for nothing.

Pete and John have been such a great team and I am so glad we have them but I no longer see them as the best in the game. When they first got here they did things differently and that made us great, now everybody knows what we are going to do and how to beat us. They must get back to the innovative, unorthodox approach that brought us so much success, because right now we look like a very average team that will struggle to make the playoffs. I mean, if we get tore up by Nick Foles, what is going to happen next week in Green Bay? We are going to be 0-2 and very few teams can make the playoffs with that kind of start. I guess the saving grace is that if any team can fix things it is this one. It seems like we are never out of a game, I just don't have the confidence that will win these games anymore.

Everybody knows how to beat us?

Weren't we the #1 seed in the NFC last year?

Thanks and good day.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Look, IMO you have to build a team one piece at a time.

With the type of QB we have, the O-line is one of the pieces you can get by with not being a top 10.

I'm just as frustrated as anybody but we have more pieces in place than most.

I love me some SeaHawks :{)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
32 of 41 passing is sustaining drives. 1 TD and 3 FG's is our problem. We have to get over it in the red zone. the one time they did is the one time they kept forcing it to Graham.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Let's not forget it's the Rams. The team that is best configured to give us trouble. This is how every Rams game looks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":37dtfo63 said:
Let's not forget it's the Rams. The team that is best configured to give us trouble. This is how every Rams game looks.

Right. And Wilson took some blame on himself, as was appropriate. Missed a deep throw to Graham, got himself sacked at least twice by double-clutching.

The left side did get beat but good a couple times, though. Okung and Britt. At least Gilliam looked all right until the final play.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Austin Davis also tore us up last year....did better than Rodgers against this defense

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This loss is not on the O-line.

Here we go again.

If you can find a guard or center who can block Aaron Donald -- apply for the next GM opening in the NFL.

OP
OP
emurri

emurri

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1qj71vir said:
emurri":1qj71vir said:

Everybody knows how to beat us?

Weren't we the #1 seed in the NFC last year?

Thanks and good day.

I respect your opinion and yes we were the #1 seed last year but both Green Bay and New England along with other teams figured out the short passing game works. And now we are giving up large chucks of yardage on the ground as well as through the air. Plus, we get so many penalties, every year, and it never gets fixed. I no longer think our defense is elite and with the o-line, I don't see us being very good. We are now in a new season, with different players. It no longer matters that we were the number one seed last year, this year is what matters now and we look very average (based on the pre-season and this first game against a team that had a number of rookies starting on their o-line and yet was able to gain large chunks of yardage). I just hope we get Kam back and fix the issues we have so we can get back to playing like years past.

pugs1

Reaction score
I'm as frustrated as anyone but let's not over react it's week one! 16 fan bases are going to the SB and the other 16 are getting the 1st pick. The Rams were a awful matchup for the Hawks first game. The back seven on D barely played in the preseason and it showed. Lots of miss tackles need to get better in the red zone. I have faith things will get better.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Winning solves everything and losing brings this out.

This team will look a lot different in week 17 than now. Let's just enjoy it

bryantology79

Reaction score
real talk...have any teams in the past ever looked into trying a sumo wrestler out for center or nose tackle?