We threw 41x...

seabowl

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3irikn8e said:
FIRE BEVELL

Great another Fire Bevell comment. Thanks for your contribution. Karmas a ***** no Hawkfan77?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
How many of those throws were longer than 7 yards? Just going off my head, it seemed like not very many. We did a great job of playing right into their strengths.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MysterMatt":vw8sxbgj said:
How many of those throws were longer than 7 yards? Just going off my head, it seemed like not very many. We did a great job of playing right into their strengths.
I thought they were setting that up by showing off cover, then closing that gap just before or at the snap. And we just kept going back to it.

2 FBs on the roster. Lets run empty sets.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think the empty sets were to try and hold off the LB's, they were bringing heat with them as well... But you know...

2_0_6

Reaction score
Quick passes is the way to beat blitzing defenses. Not a real surprise there, well maybe for some people apparently.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ofgihsz said:
When's the last time we did that?

The last time the Seahawks threw 41 times was December 12, 2010 . . . 40-21 loss to the Niners.

The last time Russell Wilson threw that many times, he was at North Carolina State.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Better get used to it! We didn't pay him what we did to just hand the ball off.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Attacking a defense and making adjustments requires actual intelligence and thought process.

The root of the problem is Bevell's inability to do these things, as shown by his inability to counter what the defense is doing, game in and game out.

Seattle has a good enough team overall to overcome this most of the time, which is probably why Pete is continuing to stubbornly call the type of game he does. Play conservative, don't turn the ball over and play great defense. It usually wins the game but what do you do when your defense is only average and the other team starts scoring a ton.

Pete's pride is holding the team back, by forcing them to stick with what Bevell calls. I am starting to believe that Bevell lacks an ability to actually call a more complex offense, for whatever reason. His intelligence, his lack of understanding, idk.

It seems like we also get away form our original philosophy of having a strong run game to open up the passing attack. It's like Bevell wants to change the offense but doesn't know how, so he'll run an empty backfield with WR's in spread but not know what plays to call from that formation. The hand offs 6 yards behind the LOS, etc. Having WR's run routes short of the first down marker etc. Obviously you cannot call all middle to deep passes but when the heavy majority of passes are short of the first down marker, what are you expecting.

All of this also explains why St. Louis gets better every time we play them, Bevell doesn't change things and lacks the ability to make adjustments.

I want to understand Bevell and what he does, I really do but at this point it's just like a lost cause.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":278193jl said:
Hawkfan77":278193jl said:
FIRE BEVELL
Agreed, they should! 8)

Don't fire him; keep Bevell for game planning and let Cable or Smith call the plays, at least in the red zone. Or split the duties, and let Bevell call the plays on 3rd downs and Cable on first and second downs. Something needs to change, IMO.