This place is out of control

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Normally I like to come here after a game and try to find some informed opinions on what happened. Right now this place is just non-stop whining because we lost a game that we often struggle with mightily. Last year Wilson threw for 300 and ran for 100 and we lost. Year before we had under 200 yds of offense and barely pulled out a win 14-13. Apparently no one remembers that we always struggle with the Rams. Looking through the forum there are 100 threads of whining. Let me sum up what these should be consolidated under.

Fire Bevell
Pay Kam
Buy an OL
Wilson sucks
It's not Wilson
Trade Graham if we can't use him
Williams sucks

Hopefully these threads clear out all the clutter because I am having a hard time finding anything worth browsing.

Treghc

Reaction score
It's insufferable. The first three or so weeks are always littered with problems while the teams figure things out.

We lost to a team that consistently plays us close whenever we visit them. We lost one game. Time to move on to the Packers.

nategreat

Reaction score
Yeah I usually avoid coming here after a loss (I'm here now, obviously). Everyone whining like little babies and exclaiming how to fix the game plan and coach a perfect game. People here overreact a little bit too much for a football game. Especially the first one of the season that we always seem to have problems with, and everyone knows it.

Oh well, at least it's a place to vent! Afterall, we're venting about the venting.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1e68pf4e said:
Fire Bevell
Pay Kam
Buy an OL
Wilson sucks
It's not Wilson
Williams sucks

I don't agree with any of these, except that I wish they could inject some competition at play caller, allowing Carl Smith, Cable, anyone a shot to call logical plays that setup the defense with more Marshawn running plays and play action passing to Graham and Lockett. Basically, let the offense play to its strengths.

Kam is already being paid; the offer is on the table.

We don't have money to spend on offensive linemen, and who is available that we would want?

Wilson had a poor game, missing some opportunities for Graham jump balls, but he was also under a lot of duress. It's hard to place the blame on him.

Trade Graham? LOL, no.

Williams had the play of the game, and was not any worse in coverage than several Maxwell games at the beginning of last season.

I will add that Bailey and Shead each struggled mightily at strong safety. Until Kam comes back, I'm not sure what can be done, except to try McCray at strong safety or even KPL.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
nategreat":pbtrs128 said:
Yeah I usually avoid coming here after a loss (I'm here now, obviously). Everyone whining like little babies and exclaiming how to fix the game plan and coach a perfect game. People here overreact a little bit too much for a football game. Especially the first one of the season that we always seem to have problems with, and everyone knows it.

Oh well, at least it's a place to vent! Afterall, we're venting about the venting.

[youtube]gMIiGb4lofM[/youtube]

her 2 grandfathers own the Steelers and Giants. BAE ABOVE ALL

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":vo4zwuqp said:
Normally I like to come here after a game and try to find some informed opinions on what happened. Right now this place is just non-stop whining because we lost a game that we often struggle with mightily. Last year Wilson threw for 300 and ran for 100 and we lost. Year before we had under 200 yds of offense and barely pulled out a win 14-13. Apparently no one remembers that we always struggle with the Rams. Looking through the forum there are 100 threads of whining. Let me sum up what these should be consolidated under.

Fire Bevell
Pay Kam
Buy an OL
Wilson sucks
It's not Wilson
Williams sucks

Hopefully these threads clear out all the clutter because I am having a hard time finding anything worth browsing.

I am tuning most threads out until Tuesday or Wednesday when people have had time to calm down.
It is not like we did not know our offensive line would struggle early on until they figure things out (especially against one of the best D-lines in league). Plus we have a new D coordinator. I think we will continue to have problems but slowly get better as we work through things. We have the pieces we just need to put the puzzle together. We will be fine. But the "sky is falling attitude" is a bit tiresome.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
A disappointing loss to be sure, especially to be up 7 late in the game and then give it away. But, we know we have a good coaching staff (despite the occasional blunders - which all teams deal with) and we know that they will be working on our problem areas this week. I trust the team, I trust the coaches, and it is a long season. 1 out of 16. No cause for alarm.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Yeah this place is especially crazy today. I didn't realize the 2015 season was already over because of one game

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
hawknation2015":lj0jkvrk said:
EverydayImRusselin":lj0jkvrk said:
Fire Bevell
Pay Kam
Buy an OL
Wilson sucks
It's not Wilson
Williams sucks

I don't agree with any of these, except that I wish they could inject some competition at play caller, allowing Carl Smith, Cable, anyone a shot to call logical plays that setup the defense with more Marshawn running plays and play action passing to Graham and Lockett. Basically, let the offense play to its strengths.

Kam is already being paid; the offer is on the table.

We don't have money to spend on offensive linemen, and who is available that we would want?

Wilson had a poor game, missing some opportunities for Graham jump balls, but he was also under a lot of duress. It's hard to place the blame on him.

Trade Graham? LOL, no.

Williams had the play of the game, and was not any worse in coverage than several Maxwell games at the beginning of last season.

I will add that Bailey and Shead each struggled mightily at strong safety. Until Kam comes back, I'm not sure what can be done, except to try McCray at strong safety or even KPL.

I was merely stating we should make those threads and confine all the whining about that particular topic to the specified thread. I also don't agree with them.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Golden Retriever puppies are cute
102 Days until Christmas
Wish it was warmer outside
Shock Top Belgium White has a nice taste
Primetime TV shows return starting in a week
The thought of skydiving scares me
Grilled pineapple is amazing
More people should check out .net IRC during NFL games
Its only week 1
I LOVE my HAWKS!!!

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Beautiful-Kate-Mara-2015-11-24632-HD-Images-Wallpapers.jpg

BAE FOR REAL DO

Renohawk

Reaction score
I would say I'm at peace. I guess that goes with being a fan and supporter of this team through thick and thin since 76. Maybe all the late comers to the bandwagon are not used to a team falling flat and having some question marks.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think a little venting is to be expected especially after a tough loss like we saw yesterday. The sky is falling crowd is almost unbearable lately though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Venting is flat out needed, not just expected :lol:

They got out coached all day long, and gave up 34 points. The standard is very high here.
I have zero doubt they still end up winning 10 or 11 games. But nothing wrong with being angry about the way they gave that game away. Which is exactly what they did.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
It shows a lot of younger folks are participating in the board, they, like rookies, like any newbies will settle in as the season gets a rolllin and we start stacking W's.

It's been a long off season with a heartbreaking SB loss, we all just want a see a W up on the board.

We'll get the W next week when we grate the cheese up in the bay.

JimmyG

Reaction score
What I can't stand is the incessant complaining about Darrell Bevell.

For starters, the offense has generally performed well the last couple years under him. By points per game, DVOA, we've been a solidly top 10 offense. Considering that we're a ball control team that's centered around one of the most potent defenses in the league, that's about as good as we're ever going to get (especially when you consider that most of our money is locked up in the defense). During the past few seasons, we've been at or near the very bottom of the league in terms of pass attempts. That's just our offensive philosophy. We win with defense, and complement it with ball-control offense that sprinkles in some big plays here and there.

Next, accept the fact that complaining about Bevell is just generic frustration. Every time I visit another team's message board (Cards, Rams, 49ers, etc) I see people complaining about the play-calling. Nobody is ever happy with their offensive coordinator. Nobody. They are, are by far, the easiest coach to scapegoat.

What sealed this belief for me was when I was reading comments on Mile High Report (SB Nation's Broncos page) after we played Denver last season: people were complaining about the Broncos' play-calling. Let me repeat that: fans were complaining about the play-calling of the Denver Broncos. Yes, those Denver Broncos. The broke-the-all-time-single-season-scoring-record-in-2013 Broncos. Despite this, in week 3 of the 2014 season, fans were complaining about Adam Gase and the play-calling, acting as if they'd been enduring a lifelong plight. People said stuff like (paraphrasing), "well, it sucks that we didn't score me... but given our staff, can anyone really say they're surprised?"

It doesn't matter how well the offense does. Fans will always resort to hyperbole when discussing Bevell. It would be the same regardless of who our coordinator was. It's insufferable, and the fact that this place becomes an echo chamber makes it even more annoying.