GB Opens As A 3 Point Favorite Over The Seahawks

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Opening lines for our week 2 game has GB as -3 with some heavy juice. This line will likely move up by the weekend.

Very interesting. Based on the line, I think Vegas is giving us more of a chance than I thought.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":okx1cmgl said:
No doubt, should be 7 points

No way would we ever be laying 7....to anyone. I will say this, this opening line should be a very encouraging sign for Seahawk fans.

I was expecting it to open at at least -3.5. Big difference between -3 and -3.5.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Considering we displayed no ability to control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball yesterday, three points may be over generous.

Especially when SEA/GB has been one of the hardest games consistently over the last few years.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":pktqe5nq said:
Opening lines for our week 2 game has GB as -3 with some heavy juice. This line will likely move up by the weekend.

Very interesting. Based on the line, I think Vegas is giving us more of a chance than I thought.
Vegas watched GB's run defense against Chicago...

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
ptisme":ruzarvca said:
Hawk-Lock":ruzarvca said:

Their offense was far from spectacular too. Very unRodgers-esque for him to throw for less than 200 yards, especially against Chicago who he usually smokes. I didn't watch any of the game, but I'm going to guess he misses Jordy.

Wartooth

Reaction score
The Bears rushed for 189 yards against the Packers...
The Hawks my well go over 300 next week!
Sure they have Rogers...
But they did nothing to improve that plodding defense of theirs!
If the Hawks can run the ball, eat up the clock, keep Rogers on the sidelines...
They can beat them again!

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2jfu3f7z said:
ptisme":2jfu3f7z said:
Hawk-Lock":2jfu3f7z said:

Their offense was far from spectacular too. Very unRodgers-esque for him to throw for less than 200 yards, especially against Chicago who he usually smokes. I didn't watch any of the game, but I'm going to guess he misses Jordy.
No, Rodgers was efficient. The Bears with Fangio are very discipline. They made the Packers drive the length of the field and Rodgers took what they gave him. Rodgers played a flawless game and chewed up tons of clock. Combine this with all the clock Forte chewed up and there just wasn't a ton of possessions.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on now, it was a joke. :roll: 4 is more realistic.

Overreact? I have been on here all day saying that even if they go 0-2, they still will win 10 or 11 games.
I gotta remember this :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jyybccv said:
Get over it, it was a joke. :roll: 4 is more realistic.

Overreact? I have been on here all day saying that even if they go 0-2, they still will win 10 or 11 games.
I gotta remember this :sarcasm_off:

The script is already out.

Hawks start out 0-2. Run the table until week 13 where they lose back-to-back games to the Vikings and Ravens, and then run the table to finish the year as 12-4.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Interesting about the whole 0-2 thing, reading the S.I. and other articles, many had them having 11 or 12 wins, after starting out 0-2. Predictions are what they are, but this team has way too much heart to not get this thing rolling.

barrister

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3bmmf2r0 said:
ptisme":3bmmf2r0 said:
Hawk-Lock":3bmmf2r0 said:

I'm guessing that you didn't watch the game. Rodgers was fantastic. He didn't throw for yardage, but he threw for 3 TDs and was extremely efficient. Finished with a rating around 140. He also ran for 35 yards.

The Packers' weakness yesterday was their run game. Forte averaged nearly 6 yds/carry. I fully expect Wilson and Lynch to run for 175+ yds combined.

But Rodgers is back to his old form. He was mobile, picking up first downs with his legs and extending plays to find open guys. This won't be the injured Rodgers you saw in January. Also, he plays his best ball at Lambeau.

I am not surprised with the opening line. This should be a good game.

classicaaron

Reaction score
the line sounds correct to me. if i had to bet a million dollars i would bet the packers to win. i think they are just due to beat us plus they are at home. thats not to say we cant win again as the packers didnt look the greatest against the bears and the bears very easily could have won that game. should be a pretty even matchup but i think the spread is just because of the homefield advantage.

ringless

Reaction score
0-2 start for your team doesn't really matter.

You will still likely get 7-8 home wins alone. And 3-4 of the remaining road games. = playoffs

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1lhxth8z said:

A more than fair line IMHO from a fans POV, I think after yesterday the Hawks should be about a 7 point dog in GB.
I wouldn't touch the game unless I'm getting 7.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ilhjbbk said:
SoulfishHawk":1ilhjbbk said:
No doubt, should be 7 points

No way would we ever be laying 7....to anyone. I will say this, this opening line should be a very encouraging sign for Seahawk fans.

I was expecting it to open at at least -3.5. Big difference between -3 and -3.5.
Correct. I'd bet it goes to 2.5 when all is said and done because we're an insanely good bet to cover and have been for years even before the current regime.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":1xgbwhmf said:
0-2 start for your team doesn't really matter.

You will still likely get 7-8 home wins alone. And 3-4 of the remaining road games. = playoffs
You're starting to get it. Like Pete says it doesn't matter how you start but how you finish especially when you have 5 out of 8 games at home on the back end and 2 of 3 road games in prime time in those eight...the Rams poked the bear so by the time it's for real it's going to be ugly for Arizona and St. Louis.

We'll end San Francisco's chances well before Thanksgiving if you don't first.