What a Game! (For those who appreciate football)

Cartire

Reaction score
Lets cut straight to it. We lost. It happens. Get over it.

K. With that being said, WHAT A GAME. Football is back baby. Thank god.

That was actually a great game to watch as a fan of football. Back and forth lead changes. Improbable comebacks from both teams. Overtime (fire TJax, YOU HAD ONE JOB! ;) ). Of course the game would have been way better had we won, but I wont pretend the game itself wasnt fun. Every year the Rams give us fits on their home turf. Its just how these two teams play each other. I do think that the St. Louis DL is the best we'll face all year. Which means that the games should get better for the O (like they do every year later in the season).

We lost. But man that was some fun football. Quick observations (that dont include firing bevell):

Negatives

-Lynch looked slow trying to hit holes. Could be the o-line or his lack of reps coming into the game, or both. IT was just noticeable how little acceleration he had trying to hit holes (if/when they were present).

-Williams's great sack/fumble recovery/TD asside, I still have trouble getting on board with him. He seem to be trailing to much. Especially for the pay hes getting.

-Wasnt high on Bailey, and now, I dont think Im in the minority anymore.

-Clock management (seriously, Pete, every year with this crap)

Positives

-Remember Bryan Walters on PR? I dont either.... :D

-Jimmy in the Redzone. I know it was slow yesterday, but it was also first game, and I can tell that with time, things are going to get good in that area.

-Wilson still has his legs (no drop off yet) and allthough he was sacked a bunch (like always against that D-Line), he got some good runs off on them. They are one of the best, so its good to see the positives when they happen.

Anyway, anyone else have fun watching real football yesterday? I did. Turn the frowns upside down. The season is long.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1tvdv8ig said:
Lets cut straight to it. We lost. It happens. Get over it.

K. With that being said, WHAT A GAME. Football is back baby. Thank god.

That was actually a great game to watch as a fan of football. Back and forth lead changes. Improbable comebacks from both teams. Overtime (fire TJax, YOU HAD ONE JOB! ;) ). Of course the game would have been way better had we won, but I wont pretend the game itself wasnt fun. Every year the Rams give us fits on their home turf. Its just how these two teams play each other. I do think that the St. Louis DL is the best we'll face all year. Which means that the games should get better for the O (like they do every year later in the season).

We lost. But man that was some fun football. Quick observations (that dont include firing bevell):

Negatives

-Lynch looked slow trying to hit holes. Could be the o-line or his lack of reps coming into the game, or both. IT was just noticeable how little acceleration he had trying to hit holes (if/when they were present).

-Williams's great sack/fumble recovery/TD asside, I still have trouble getting on board with him. He seem to be trailing to much. Especially for the pay hes getting.

-Wasnt high on Bailey, and now, I dont think Im in the minority anymore.

-Clock management (seriously, Pete, every year with this crap)

Positives

-Remember Bryan Walters on PR? I dont either.... :D

-Jimmy in the Redzone. I know it was slow yesterday, but it was also first game, and I can tell that with time, things are going to get good in that area.

-Wilson still has his legs (no drop off yet) and allthough he was sacked a bunch (like always against that D-Line), he got some good runs off on them. They are one of the best, so its good to see the positives when they happen.

Anyway, anyone else have fun watching real football yesterday? I did. Turn the frowns upside down. The season is long.

Finally not a post with the world is going to end we lost a game. We will be much better next week.

justafan

Reaction score
Thats the 2nd time i have read ML looks slow.I read some of those posts last year early also.Both will be proven wrong as soon as the Oline starts opening holes.
His career will end someday but i dont think yesterday was the beginning of that.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
justafan":h2748lar said:
Thats the 2nd time i have read ML looks slow.I read some of those posts last year early also.Both will be proven wrong as soon as the Oline starts opening holes.
His career will end someday but i dont think yesterday was the beginning of that.

I dont think hes done. I think hes just not in full game shape yet. Dude sat out a ton of practices this off-season and was pretty much a non-player in the whole preseason.

I tip the scale more towards the o-lines misteps then to ML. But he still looked slower then usual, even when there is holes. I think it will be fine, I just think its a time/rep thing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
My son and I were listening to the game on the road, and both said several times as the lead changed, win or lose, how much fun it was.

Yep, what a Game!

kearly

Reaction score
I also thought Lynch looked sluggish. It's just one game, but it's mildly concerning.

I thought this game was really fun up until Bailey fell down. After that it felt like a funeral procession.

My silver lining is that Seattle almost won against a team that might actually be good this year, at 10am on the road, and has a ton of stuff to fix afterwards. It's not like Seattle played their best game and lost by 20 to a bad team.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm with Kearly i though Lynch (along with many others) looked very sluggish. His numbers didn't end up to bad but didn't seem like the normal Lynch fight today mixed with some indecision. Could just boil down to week one and not quite polished yet, not like he got a ton of work in preseason.

elmgrovegnome

Reaction score
Two years in a row deep into the playoffs takes a toll. That is time where other teams are starting to recover. The Seahawks should look sluggish, especially against a team like the Rams who have not made the playoffs in a long time but who also have the youngest roster in the league, once again (thanks to the total revamp of the Oline).

I agree that the DBs looked slow. Two of which are coming off injury to boot. Your LBers didn't look nearly as fast as before. And the backups? How do you replace Cam Chancellor with an UDFA? Carey Williams? The Eagles ditched him for a reason.

Still as usual you guys turned it up on the fourth quarter. Two big turnovers helped immensely. Pead is a fumble machine that only got some carries because Gurley and Mason are injured, and Watts is suspended. Don't expect that gift again in December. Hopefully the Ram Oline has gotten it together enough and Mason/Gurley can pick up those blitzers to prevent a bad blindside strip/sack like that one on Sunday.

See you in December.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Agreed, it was a wildly entertaining game. Football is only a game, and -- as invested as I am in our team -- I watch it to be entertained. Losing sucks, but it happens. I think close losses are easier to take, because the silver lining is that I was still entertained for three hours, so it didn't feel like a waste of time.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
kearly":16atlgby said:
I also thought Lynch looked sluggish. It's just one game, but it's mildly concerning.

I thought this game was really fun up until Bailey fell down. After that it felt like a funeral procession.

My silver lining is that Seattle almost won against a team that might actually be good this year, at 10am on the road, and has a ton of stuff to fix afterwards. It's not like Seattle played their best game and lost by 20 to a bad team.

If you didn't watch the game and just read the boards and listen to talk radio, that is exactly what it seems like...a 20 point loss.

The Seahawks looked sluggish at times, clueless a few times, and inept at times. They did not play a consistently good game in any of the three phases yet were in position to win at the end.

Seattle played a fun game, albeit poorly executed and still almost came away with a win. This was no where close to their best game. There was a time when many Seahawks fans would have taken this as a moral victory. Not anymore. For better or worse, the bar has been risen and we expect to win on any given Sunday.

elmgrovegnome

Reaction score
JimmyG":4gnbtkog said:
Agreed, it was a wildly entertaining game. Football is only a game, and -- as invested as I am in our team -- I watch it to be entertained. Losing sucks, but it happens. I think close losses are easier to take, because the silver lining is that I was still entertained for three hours, so it didn't feel like a waste of time.

I agree.
When your team is at the top fans are quick to forget how much it sucks to have them at the bottom. Every week I used to say I just want a close entertaining game. Losses are to be expected. But close losses are still good games. Blowouts are miserable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The thing that is maddening is hearing people claim the Rams "own" the Hawks, or the Hawks "always lose" to the Rams. 17-4 in the last 21 games vs. the Rams. :roll:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
JimmyG":1uts0etl said:

Perfectly said. Agree completely

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nane9rys said:
The thing that is maddening is hearing people claim the Rams "own" the Hawks, or the Hawks "always lose" to the Rams. 17-4 in the last 21 games vs. the Rams. :roll:
Whoa. For a second I thought that that stat was an eye opener. Then I realized you had listed the last 10 years.

In the Pete Carroll era, we are 7-3 against them. So they've definitely gotten better than they were against us the five years before Pete came on board.
However, In the past three years they are 3-4 against us. With one of our wins being by the skin of our teeth, 14-9. This is the team we face in the Russell Wilson era, not the team we went 13-1 against in a 7 year span prior to Wilson.