Should we kick the tires on an old friend?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
No not Kam.

Zach Miller.

Remember a couple seasons ago when we let Michael Robinson go because of a strange illness he got and then when Coleman went down and Robinson was recovered, it revitalized the offense - especially the running game.

Well, I think if Zach Miller is fully recovered, he can do that same very thing for this offense. Nothing against Luke Willson, but Jimmy Graham makes him a bit redundant. Nothing against Cooper Helfet, but he doesn't offer much to the team with Luke and Graham on the roster.

I think it wouldn't hurt to see if he's healthy enough to play, be the blocking TE and allow us to use Jimmy solely in the passing game.

Thoughts?

getnasty

Reaction score
My thoughts are the Rams always kill us in the pass rush department, When Zach Miller was here they killed us, When Max Unger was here they killed us. The Rams match up with us better then any team in the league, and they're very familiar with us. No need to panic.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I was really surprised that Miller did not even get a camp invite this summer. Leads me to believe that there is something more going on health wise. There seems to be a high demand for a blocking / situational TE for most offenses these days.....but there seems little interest in him.

If healthy, I have mentioned to some friends that I think Miller would be a great addition as a third TE to compliment Willson and Graham - and serve primarily as mentor and blocking TE

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Ya I would like to see Miller signed, I think (if healthy) he would be a very good addition

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If he's healthy, he would be a huge boost for our blocking.

I highly doubt he's healthy though with how little interest he received this offseason.

justafan

Reaction score
I love the thought of it or drafting TEs in that mold.It just seems like they are in a transition from 2 back and traditional TE to a different philosophy.Tho they did keep 2 Fbs.

nanomoz

Reaction score
There just aren't too many good blocking TE's these days. The spread offense has had the same affect on the blocking TE as it has on OL.

They don't appear to be making Kyle Brady-type TE's anymore.

Man, I think the Hawks need one desperately. Willson borders on worthless as a blocker, and Graham isn't much better.

Maybe we'll see Tukuafu there in the future? Or Gilliam could report as eligible then one of the backup OL's is brought in.

I really hope the offense isn't so reliant on the shotgun all year. Sometimes, when you want just a yard or two, it's nice to just throw in your jumbos to move the line.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3vhwavqj said:
Rumor in preseason was that he was still a long way from passing a physical, and that he might not be able to play again. Let me see if I can find where I saw that.

I remember the Patriots were interested and he failed the physical, but that was in March (or maybe May.. some month with M) .. so who knows, maybe he's healthy now?

titan3131

Reaction score
I wish he was healthy and able to come back. But I think his career is over.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I still do not understand why we had Tukuafu inactive against the Rams. He may not have helped much against the Rams D-Line; they are very good. But having a bigger body who excels at blocking seems like a good player to have active, especially in that game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Wasn't John Moffitt released on the final cutdown in his comeback attempt? If he has gotten his addiction demons under control he would have to be an upgrade for the oline.

kf3339

Reaction score
I also don't get why Tukuafu is not made our designated blocking TE by PC/Cable and company. He seems the perfect fit since he has the size and aggressiveness to be stout both for the running and passing game.

Yet they thought it made more since to make him inactive?

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Luke Willson drops 90% of the time. I'm still shock that he caught the 2pt conversion against GB last year.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
kf3339":23ixawvj said:
I also don't get why Tukuafu is not made our designated blocking TE by PC/Cable and company. He seems the perfect fit since he has the size and aggressiveness to be stout both for the running and passing game.

Yet they thought it made more since to make him inactive?

Yeah I mean if your gonna keep 2 FB's on the roster this seems like the type of opponent where you could justify that decision.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Zach had concussion issues. Love the guy, and that's why I want to see him retire. There were games where he got knocked silly yet went right back to the huddle. Admire his toughness, but do yourself a favor, take your winnings and enjoy your family man.

Chapow

Reaction score
titan3131":1pw87522 said:
I wish he was healthy and able to come back. But I think his career is over.

Sadly, I think you are correct.