Why is Dion Bailey even put in that position?

getnasty

Reaction score
I can't remember a time that Kam ever lined up outside 1 on 1, i'm sure it's happen i just can't think of too many examples. The reason he was even out there is because we decided to rush 6 leaving everyone in man with Earl as the lone safety over the top. Seattle has traditionally been a team that doesn't blitz and keeps everything in front, i wonder if we play it safe and rush 4 if the Rams are able to find the endzone. Richard appears to be more of aggressive at DC then Quinn was, which i don't mind, just have to learn to take the good with the bad. I also like the idea of blitzing a lot more if Kam's out there instead of Bailey. In the end Bailey can't get beat deep regardless of the call, but at the same time that's a tough position to him in. Hopefully Richard and Bailey will each take something away from that play and get better from it. Thoughts?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's happened only a couple of times with Kam, but with no success. You'll probably remember KJ being out there more often. Had success against Jimmy the one game, but not since.

Basically we were playing a lot of man coverage. Offenses look to create mismatches and they sent him out wide looking for that mismatch. Fastest FS in the league was late again and the rest is history.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I said the same thing after the game. I have no idea why Kris Richard is getting a pass for putting Bailey out one-on-one in his first big test and giving him no help over the top.

VERY poor defensive call and Bailey was put in a very tough situation. I blame Richard for giving up that TD and for most of the Defensive problems in this game.

I'm going to have to see some big improvements before I start to think that he's going to be a good D-Coordinator. Bevell gets all the blame when the Offense struggles, but when the Defense struggles it's the players' fault?

chris98251

Reaction score
I think since it was the back up Tight End they favored the other side more since they had that side stacked more, isolation route and a trip on a rookie, perfect storm.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Nah, NE did the same thing with Gronk on KJ. If they see you're in man, they'll try to get a mismatch. It's chess. Some guys just don't play chess that well (referencing our own lack of dynamic playcalling/adjustments).

justafan

Reaction score
You have to mix up coverages and blitz now and again and that is the risk.
People love the blitz until they get caught.And you will get burned at sometime.

Every player gets beat playing man.Sherm got beat,Kam has gotten beat.It happens.He fell down that wasnt the play calls fault it was unfortunate but he made a mistake.He could have just as easily fallen down playing deep zone.

Few years ago we have Bradley, Quinn, Norton and Richard coaching DB.We lose Bradley we dont miss a beat.We lose Quinn and Norton, Richard takes over we lose his time he spent with DBs,it all weakens the team.Richards would probably look as good as Quinn if he had all the same supporting cast.
Same thing has happened with our talent in the backfield.Lost alot of depth the last couple of years.You just dont find Thurmonds,Maxwell,or Browners every draft.

They will still have a good D but if its not the same D Quinn and Bradley had its not all Richards fault.The other guys had alot better coaching support and more talented and deeper squads.

Latest posts