Seahawks had contract offer out to Taylor Mays

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Mays instead signed in Oakland after injuries to both of their safeties in yesterday's loss to Cincinnati

I'm guessing this means the Kam thing isn't getting resolved any time soon.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/643575335326498816[/tweet]

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Jeez. I know PC coached him at SC, but the dude is a straight up PED suspension waiting to happen.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Willie Mays-Hayes?

willie-mays-hayes.jpeg

Exittium

Reaction score
Isnt Pinkins a safety or played on in college? Whybdont we try him if theyre not happy with bailey.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
No way Mays would agree to play for PC unless he didn't have any other options. Not that surprising. With the way his career has gone, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he still hasn't gotten over his grudge against him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":mnw80nss said:
No way Mays would agree to play for PC unless he didn't have any other options. Not that surprising. With the way his career has gone, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he still hasn't gotten over his grudge against him.

I think he made a mistake signing back on in Oakland, Pete just might be able to resurrect Mays career. Mays should know by now his career is hanging by a thread.

Mays has exceptional physical ability and speed and size but has been weak in terms of play recognition. He needs to be refocused on what his clues are are and where he should be because he is often out of position as a pro. Playing with Thomas at the back end might have allowed him to refocus as he was a solid hitter in college

He was a pure monster playing the deep safety position @ SC, but has had 5 years of zero success as a pro. Pete chose Thomas over him for good reasons but it was more than likely Mays attitude and difficulty in being coached up. To get him cheap to develop with no guaranteed contract might've been a bonus.

Maybe he believes that he can rise on the DC in Oakland and suspects he'd fail here. No great loss.