Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Kam Chancellor's holdout and its effect on the Seahawks were leading topics during the latest edition of "Hawk Talk" with Danny O'Neil. The full transcript can he found here. Highlights are below.

tom page asked how other players in Seattle's locker room feel about Chancellor's holdout. He cited some recent comments from fellow safety Earl Thomas that may have indicated disagreement with Chancellor's decision.

O'Neil: I think it's possible to read a lot into players' comments. In this case, that can be particularly problematic. I thought the same thing about Thomas' tone and choice of words, but then again, Thomas is a different kind of guy and I don't think I always read him correctly. I think every player in there would tell you that this team won't be as good without Chancellor as it will with him. And every player would say that Chancellor needs to be his own best advocate. None of them are going to condemn what he's doing, but that doesn't mean they advocate it either."

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2811202/Hawk ... Chancellor

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Read through all the extra fluff and found a few good comments.

12:06 Comment From tom page
Sherman was used differently in this game, they moved him around more than they have in prior years

12:06
Danny O'Neil:
Yes. They did. Very much so.

12:06
Danny O'Neil:
It will be interesting to see if that was specific for this opponent or something that we will see the whole season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment From Ciara
RW has to be one of the slowest release QBs. He seems to have lost a step as well because of all the bulking up he has done.
12:13

Danny O'Neil: Don't agree with either of those sentiments. Watch Colin Kaepernick last night and then tell me Russell's release is slow?
12:13

Comment From The Ghost
And how do you evaluate Bevell's? (release)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment From JoseFromAroundtheWay
Danny what question should I be asking that I can't think of right now?
12:27

Danny O'Neil: If the LBs are going to play better this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment From Eric
I think Hauschka is to blame for our red zone problems. He needs to take a stand and refuse to go out for any field goals attempts less than 50 yards. That would be some real leadership that you should expect from your super bowl winning kicker