The common link

WolfGrey

Reaction score
I sure thought Atlanta's defense looked one hundred times better than last year while ours looked not so hot compared to the past few years. I hope my correlation is just a coincidence.....(Quinn for those who do not see my point).

Cartire

Reaction score
Quinn will do good for Atlanta, but Quinn also played a very easy hand last night, and Kelly didnt chance it.

The Eagles ran the RO a bunch, and never once did they run Bradford (why would they?) and Atlanta knew it. Every handoff was full pursuit to the RB with huge lanes left unchecked for Bradford. Not one run by him. Its way easier to play Quinns aggressive style when you know the QB has no intention of running. Even when they run RO. Chip needs to scrap his RO packages for now. I know they are a huge part of his gameplans, but he wont risk (and I dont think Sam will either) running the QB.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Atlanta was also at home in front of an opening night crowd against Philly, whom seattle ate for lunch last year. Throwing the ball 50 plus times is crazy.....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't disagree that our D will be the same without Quinn and Norton..........who kinda gets lost in this conversation.

Norton was vital with keeping our LB's motivated and prepared, he wouldn't hesitate to get in player's face and they respected him in return.

I know we like to say it's Pete, and it is Pete for the most part. But that doesn't mean there's ZERO drop off with some of these important coaches leaving.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I agree I think Norton was huge loss. I also thought he shoul have been up. for the dc job here.

marko358

Reaction score
I thought we constructed this defense to have 4 guys who can consistently apply pressure so that you didn't need to blitz very often, leaving extra bodies out there for coverage. Especially since we like to rotate fresh guys into the DL.

Not sure if Richard's tendency to blitz more will come back to haunt us in more than a game or two.