The loss to the Rams was -

dbsn2420

Reaction score
The best possible outcome at this point in time. Yep, I said it! Here are some reasons.

If the Hawks would of won this game, we wouldn't necessarily be talking about how the O-line played and how little time RW had to throw. The story would of been simply that the Rams D-Line is one of the best in the league yada yada. Yes, they are, but that doesn't hide the fact that this O-line still needs a lot of work and time to build comradery.

We wouldn't necessarily be spotlighting the Offensive deficiencies because if you look at the stats for this game compared to previous games in St. Louis, people would be saying "When was the last time the Hawks put up 31 in St. Louis." In Graham's record against the Rams, "he statistically had the best game he's had against that D."

If Beast doesn't get stuffed on 4th and 1, and Housh boots a game winner, yes some of us would still be worried about the play calling but, many would say "well, this is the way the Hawks win, they grind it out and wear D's down. This doesn't highlight the fact that when they needed to run the ball, even with decent end game stats, to get 3 or 4 yards on 3rd down they couldn't get it done.

Defensively, they gave up way too many yards in the air and on the ground, especially for a 3rd option RB. If the Hawks win however some would say "Well it's just the first game with new pieces, ET is not in game shape etc...

There is certainly more to complain about but I don't want to dwell on the negative. I simply wanted to say that the best possible time for our boys to be handed one against a tough Rams team was last Sunday. The way I look at it is if we hand the Rams a L at Century Link it's a wash. A win last Sunday would have masked many deficiencies that are now in the spotlight with much time to get right.

As far as GB next Sunday in prime time. I am confident that the Hawks will be dialed in and will play much better in all 3 phases. I would love to see our crew roll into Lambeau and make a statement! :thfight7:

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think we could have prevented the TD sending it into overtime w/out masking our problems. Just my $0.02.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Losing does not help. All the problems would have been just as apparent (to the coaches) had the Seahawks squeaked out a win.

Of course, if we lose to Green Bay there will definitely be another "this loss was a great wake-up call" thread -- and it will be just as false.

Polaris

Reaction score
disappointing.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Have we not lost to the Rams the last two years and still gone to the Super Bowl?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I was disappointed in the defensive lapses mistakes and the lack of genuine imagination and execution on O.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":23igv5tv said:
Have we not lost to the Rams the last two years and still gone to the Super Bowl?

No. You have only lost to the Rams the last one year and gone to the Super Bowl.

The previous year when you won the Super Bowl you swept the Rams.

Erebus

Reaction score
I get where you're coming from dbsn, but I disagree. The coaches and players don't share our mindset. They know when things need to be worked on whether they win or lose. It doesn't matter what we as fans complain about. If we had won ugly, the coaches and players would still see the need to improve the o-line, defense, and punt return coverage.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Polaris":28swbz5h said:
disappointing.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Covers it for me.

A loss can be a good thing if players learn from it. And I hope it pisses the entire defense off, watching themselves sleep walk on Monday. Wagner needs to get real fired up; he just signed a huge deal and the Hawks gave him everything he wanted, this wasn't a way to prove you earned it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I swear I hate the Rams so much. They play every game against the Hawks like it's their Superbowl. And then just suck against everyone else.

A

Anonymous

RedAlice":z2mnujk3 said:
Year of The Hawk":z2mnujk3 said:

No. You have only lost to the Rams the last one year and gone to the Super Bowl.

The previous year when you won the Super Bowl you swept the Rams.

Yes, but we did lose to the Jags the first game in 2005, and lost the Rams last year, then went on to the Super Bowl.

:mrgreen:

RiverDog

Reaction score
It was a game we should have won. We have to win those kinds of games if we are to get HFA for the third straight year, which at this point in our franchise history has to be the regular season goal. Although I saw some things to give me hope, there is no such thing as a 'good' loss when you're the two time defending conference champs.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
minormillikin":1w5bjasq said:
Of course, if we lose to Green Bay there will definitely be another "this loss was a great wake-up call" thread -- and it will be just as false.

Oh really....and you want us to go 0-3 quietly?

Atradees

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1x0xnodx said:
I was disappointed in the defensive lapses mistakes and the lack of genuine imagination and execution on O.

Wasnt any time for getting cute. We went with hurry up and turned things around. Just couldnt run block at the end.

Jiggy

Reaction score
It's never good to lose a game... EVER.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jiggy":3fvna331 said:
It's never good to lose a game... EVER.

You might if you want your coach fired, such as was the case with our losing to the Jets in the Vinny Testaverde helmet touchdown which resulted in the hiring of Mike Holmgren and the second best era in Seahawks football. Or you might want the #1 overall pick (Suck for Luck?).

But I get your point.

OP
OP
dbsn2420

dbsn2420

Reaction score
minormillikin":lqz1haca said:
Losing does not help. All the problems would have been just as apparent (to the coaches) had the Seahawks squeaked out a win.

I wasn't really talking about the players or coaches, I was talking about fans who if they would of squeaked out a win would of simply chalked it up to the Hawks playing a tough team on the road, net necessarily the level of play or the Hawks issues.

As we saw from the Rams today, the Hawks should of stomped their arse last week and simply didn't play well enough to get it done.

For the record, I think the Hawks will beat GB tonight and play much better on each side of the ball! :th2thumbs: