Where was Ricardo Lockette last Sunday....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I thought he had mad gunner skills. Wasn't he the "God" of special teams...they just had to keep him on the team. Where was he on the Austin punt return. Didn't hear his name called all game. Might a well been an "inactive". Waste of a roster spot. At least, last Sunday he was.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Agreed. Also looked like he was running a lot more plays at WR than Mathews. Pathetic!

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ph59xdt said:
I thought he had mad gunner skills. Wasn't he the "God" of special teams...they just had to keep him on the team. Where was he on the Austin punt return. Didn't hear his name called all game. Might a well been an "inactive". Waste of a roster spot. At least, last Sunday he was.

I was wondering the same thing. What happened to the Lockette that would get there before the ball and just sort of menace the returner, waiting for him to catch it? But I guess if he's being jammed by multiple opponents...they're game-planning for him now. :?

Geologic

Reaction score
It was one game. Are you going to rag on Bobby Wagner next for having a terrible game? He might as well be inactive too. What a waste of a roster spot. He can't even tackle.

Next caller.

massari

Reaction score
Hendo66":327dcj7h said:
Agreed. Also looked like he was running a lot more plays at WR than Mathews. Pathetic!

That's what I don't get. Mathews was only on the field for 3 snaps!. Lockette even had more with 5 snaps.

Get Matthews in the freakin game.

jonkchar

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it too much, it was the first game of the season. Come on, you know how this all goes. A game or two from now and you'll be cheering him on during a great play

rideaducati

Reaction score
Lockette was where Kearse should have been all game long...on the bench.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":ln52y15h said:

I'm not a big fan of Kearse either. He's one of those guys you're always going to try and replace, but he was the team leader in catches and receiving yards. It just seems like an odd time to make this statement.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1i2wu6l8 said:
rideaducati":1i2wu6l8 said:

I'm not a big fan of Kearse either. He's one of those guys you're always going to try and replace, but he was the team leader in catches and receiving yards. It just seems like an odd time to make this statement.
:13:

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Seanhawk":c9gmf5db said:
rideaducati":c9gmf5db said:

Agreed but at the same time, leading in receptions & yards does not mean you're the best WR on the team. I just can't wait for Paul Richardson to get back. We invested more in him and his ceiling is much higher. Hopefully we have something special there along with Lockett and that's if they use these guys right.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2yjm3siu said:

Lockette was GAME PLANNED for, if you pay attention you'd notice that the rams double and once triple teamed him..... If the Rams are putting 2 or 3 guys on him, he's doing his job, other guys should be running free to make tackles.

But keep hating the 50th or so guy on the roster. He's definitely the reason we lost! lol

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1jtm8t0t said:
rideaducati":1jtm8t0t said:

Not the forum to bash kearse... this board knows all too well what I think of him. That being said, he didn't have any drive/game ending drops on Sunday so good for him.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2y68jmhy said:
Seanhawk":2y68jmhy said:
rideaducati":2y68jmhy said:

Agreed but at the same time, leading in receptions & yards does not mean you're the best WR on the team. I just can't wait for Paul Richardson to get back. We invested more in him and his ceiling is much higher. Hopefully we have something special there along with Lockett and that's if they use these guys right.

I just meant on Sunday.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Tyler Lockette played a lot more snaps at the expense of Matthews and Ricardo. I don't mind that happening most games.

A

Anonymous

:thcoffee:

Perhaps one of you stats guys can design and publish a salary vs. production matrix that includes each player so that we can find the weak link each week and pummel the poor guy for the entire world to see.

This Lockette-bashing thread has left me feeling especially refreshed and satisfied. I'd like to be able to look forward to something next week too.

:34853_doh:

timmat

Reaction score
massari":yxt27agk said:
Hendo66":yxt27agk said:

That's what I don't get. Mathews was only on the field for 3 snaps!. Lockette even had more with 5 snaps.

Get Matthews in the freakin game.

I agree. I think that game / scenario plays right into what Matthews offers this team. With the Rams blitzing and bringing pressure combined with Graham drawing lots of attention, Wilson needed a receiver that could beat single coverage along the sidelines. Matthews instantly beats single coverage with his huge catch radius in most 1-on-1 situations. With him split wide and D line pressure coming, a quick drop and throw to Matthews where he can high-point the ball is very difficult to defend, especially for the Rams' sub par DBs.

bandiger

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2y0c77ya said:
rideaducati":2y0c77ya said:

Not a fan of Kearse or being a TD target over the likes of Graham or Lockett but yeah his game was very good.

Chapow

Reaction score
rideaducati":35rqfuo4 said:

What was it about Kearse's performance on Sunday that has you saying he should have been on the bench instead of on the field? Leading the team in receptions or the leading the team in receiving yards?

I know it's a bummer for you since apparently you would rather be right and see a Seahawk fail than be wrong and see him succeed, but Kearse had a good game.