WR Terrelle Pryor to work out for Seahawks

jblaze

Reaction score
Danny Kelly retweeted
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 5m5 minutes ago

I’m told WR Terrelle Pryor is currently slated to workout for the #Seahawks next week. 6-foot-4, 223 pounds, 4.4 speed.

bandiger

Reaction score
Why not? Wish he made this decision earlier, hopefully he can do special teams too.

seahawks08

Reaction score
jblaze":m8m9qg4h said:
Danny Kelly retweeted
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 5m5 minutes ago

I’m told WR Terrelle Pryor is currently slated to workout for the #Seahawks next week. 6-foot-4, 223 pounds, 4.4 speed.

Wait what, we are still looking for tall receivers? RW is stuck between tall receivers who can't find separation and short receivers who he can't see :x

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Can he block for punt returners?

Only way he gets a spot.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pryor again? I don't think the result will be much different even though he's playing a different position.

At least this time we won't be trading for him.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
As I've asked already why wouldn't we sign him and cut BJ? Seems like a straight upgrade at WR and emergency QB.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":xz5dk8in said:
As I've asked already why wouldn't we sign him and cut BJ? Seems like a straight upgrade at WR and emergency QB.

Interesting thought. I didn't think of him replacing BJ.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I wondered how long this would take.

He's familiar with the system, he's big, and faster than Matthews. Couldn't tell you if he has Matthew's catch radius. Don't know if Pryor plays ST's.

Evidently a 4 year old could figure out the route concepts from Bevell, so Pryor should catch on pretty quick.

kearly

Reaction score
My guess is that if the Hawks sign Pryor, he could take Daniels spot, and the team would try to get Daniels on the PS.

Pryor is a home run hitter as a runner, I wonder if he might get looks as a backup return man on specials as well.

Pryor turned some heads with his play at WR this preseason which caught a degree of national attention. When he was cut for Turbin it surprised many. I hope the Hawks sign him.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Why would they cut mattews. Why not danials instead. Mathews caught the only ball thrown his way.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
seahawks08":2e0g6rog said:
Wait what, we are still looking for tall receivers? RW is stuck between tall receivers who can't find separation and short receivers who he can't see :x
Haha! Funny 'cos true.

SomersetHawk":2e0g6rog said:
"Hey Terrelle, how would you feel about playing defense?"

"I''m a WR."
That's hilarious too. We could use a big, fast SS! :lol:

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":kycana31 said:
Chris Mathews, based on his snaps, must not be impressing anybody.

Behind this lies the reason that the Seahawks haven't had, and don't play, tall receivers. Taller receivers don't do well against the LOB, so not doing as well in practice vs the LOB as the shiftier guys, the taller guys are relegated to the bench or just cut. In games where a size mismatch would cause all sorts of troubles for opponents, we get to watch Kearse and Baldwin get smothered all game long...oh goodie. It's getting old.