0-2 Would Not Be The Time To Panic.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If we lose to the Bears in our home opener and go 0-3, THAT would be the time to panic.

This is a terrible time to face the Packers in Green Bay. I wish this game was in November or December. But you play the schedule you are dealt and don't apologize for it, good or bad.

The mood and tone of .NET will get worse exponentially next week if we lose to Green Bay but perspective is needed. This team is well known for stumbling early in the season and then tearing it up in the latter half. Really, a macrocosm of how they play most games if you think about it.

I trust this team to get going, and it may not be until our home opener and that's okay, as much as I would love to kick the Packers ASS this Sunday on national television. Kam, buddy, you're officially off my christmas card list.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Agreed

I'd like to beat the Packers just the same though

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I've accepted 0-2, just hope we can show some improvement on both sides of the ball this Sunday.

Ride the storm, normal service will resume next week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Should they lose Sunday, I think a very realistic expectation for this team is to be sitting at 3-3 again heading into the last 10 games of the year (vs. Bears, vs. Lions, at Bengals, vs. Panthers)

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I haven't accepted 0-2. I always believe my team has chance to win. The fat lady ain't started singing yet, boys!

Go 'Hawks! Kick some cheesehead butt!!! :thfight7:

netskier

Reaction score
I agree that the season will turn out fine, even though we could easily lose to the packers, although I expect we win.

chet380

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3fbw1d66 said:
I haven't accepted 0-2. I always believe my team has chance to win. The fat lady ain't started singing yet, boys!

Go 'Hawks! Kick some cheesehead butt!!! :thfight7:
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

GO HAWKS!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Last year's four losses came against two AFC teams, the terrible Rams who posed no threat in postseason tiebreakers, and the Cowboys who did but fortunately got refereed out of a chance to face us. When Week 17 came, those circumstances left us in good position to get the #1 seed.

This year, the Rams could likely make a run at the division title, and the Packers will at theirs. If we lose to both of them and another NFC team, we're definitely in worse position than we were last year. AFC losses are always preferable to NFC losses.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33ljfqxu said:
Should they lose Sunday, I think a very realistic expectation for this team is to be sitting at 3-3 again heading into the last 10 games of the year (vs. Bears, vs. Lions, at Bengals, vs. Panthers)

I'd figure probably 4-2. Don't see the Seahawks losing any of those home games and I don't think that playing the Bengals in the Jungle is a very big deal. Until they prove differently, they are an average team and they never know when they will get Bad Andy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Agree completely. I have been preparing for 0-2 for a while. Doesn't change that I see the Hawks finishing at 11-5 or better.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3hhboq2k said:
Last year's four losses came against two AFC teams, the terrible Rams who posed no threat in postseason tiebreakers, and the Cowboys who did but fortunately got refereed out of a chance to face us. When Week 17 came, those circumstances left us in good position to get the #1 seed.

This year, the Rams could likely make a run at the division title, and the Packers will at theirs. If we lose to both of them and another NFC team, we're definitely in worse position than we were last year. AFC losses are always preferable to NFC losses.

This is a good point. There is a lot of optimism/expectations that we're going to make the playoffs. Playoff seeding is a very real expectation, and if we lose too many divisional and conference games, it will cost us HFA. We really need to beat GB.

That said, I didn't think we'd win going in, even before last week. GB is just too tough at home. They are showing vulnerable against the run, but with our OL, we'd better get some offensive balance, as most teams can stuff the run consistently with run blitzes and stacking the box. GB has Wilson's number in the passing game. They know our routes, the know Wilson's tendencies, and they know our WRs.

I'm not sweating 0-2. I liken this season to 2012. The OL took half a season to gel, then our offense really took off. Unfortunately, the other parallel is that our defense looks like it can't get the other team's offense off the field and will give up an infuriating amount of 3rd and longs.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3q5556o9 said:

This is my concern after last week as well. We're hurting ourselves in more ways than one, and even if we do turn it around later in the season, we could only find ourselves struggling for a wildcard spot.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I wonder if missing the playoffs could be the kick in the pants this team needs to get back to form.

kearly

Reaction score
I see the first two games as the difference between 13-3 and 11-5. I think Seattle is capable of going 11-3 in their last 14.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It pisses me off that a Superbowl team has to play on the road for the opener, against the defense that always gives them trouble, with a 10:00AM start, then follow it up on the road again at Green Bay.

If you want to set the schedule so that it's hardest on Seattle and but them behind the 8 ball, assign them to 2 really tough road games to open the season. Especially since they've played more games than anyone else in the NFL in the past 2 years..

However, if you love the Patriots, give them a Thursday night home opener so that they get an easier start, and it gives them 10 days off before their next game.

That sounds fair doesn't it?

JonRud

Reaction score
ivotuk":27xomxv0 said:
It pisses me off that a Superbowl team has to play on the road for the opener, against the defense that always gives them trouble, with a 10:00AM start, then follow it up on the road again at Green Bay.

If you want to set the schedule so that it's hardest on Seattle and but them behind the 8 ball, assign them to 2 really tough road games to open the season. Especially since they've played more games than anyone else in the NFL in the past 2 years..

However, if you love the Patriots, give them a Thursday night home opener so that they get an easier start, and it gives them 10 days off before their next game.

Well the Super Bowl winner always hosts the Thursday opener (incl. Seattle last year) so I don't see how you can argue 'fairness' in regards to the Patriots. This has nothing to do with favoritism.

I think the Hawks are in trouble on Sunday night, but I don't have a problem with the schedule as it came out. a 10am start in Game 1 should not be an excuse - we had plenty of time to prepare for the time change. The Hawks should have won that game, I am not blaming the schedule makers.

You have to play all the games. Bottom line is that 2 of our hardest games of the year are behind us come Monday and we play 8 of the remaining 14 at home where we are almost unbeatable.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":ot67qfa8 said:

Thank Bevell......

bigskydoc

Reaction score
- Bears

- Lions

- Bengals

- Panthers

- 49ers

- Cowboys

- Cardinals

- 49ers

That is what our schedule looks like after next week. Not worried about 0-2. Still think we start out 3-3 then 6-4 and end the season 12-4 or 11-5 and have another go at GB in GB in the post-season. That's what I predicted during the pre-season and I have no reason to change the prediction now except for the numerous injuries that have weakened our opponents.

Not worried.

- bsd

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we win. I've typed this in a few different places but I'll post it again. GB couldn't even slow down the Bears running game and Lynch and Wilson will rush for over 200 combined. They also don't get near the pass rush the Rams do. I think the offense rolls and the linebackers will play much better which solves a ton of our problems on that side of the ball.

I do agree with the main point that an 0-2 start isn't the end of the world. Seahawks will be just fine when all is said and done.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
After witnessing the struggles of the O-line in the first preseason game I had already expected 0-2. However the game is in prime time which we own, this team will be fired up after last week, adjustments will be made by the coaches, and the Packers' starting MLB is out for the season.

I think we will now be 1-1...