One year ago (plus a few days)

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hi all,

Our great friend Les Norton passed away a year ago Sunday. We were all too wrapped up in "opening day" to take notice, and that is the failing of all of us, but most especially myself and those who were closest to this amazing guy.

The world is a less fun place without him. Taken way too soon.

John

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Having spent personal time with Les, I agree with John. Les was a terrific guy and his value on this site was underestimated. I really miss Les.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I never had the opportunity to meet Radish in person. He was a pleasure to talk football with and I definitely could see why he's so respected on here. This has been huge loss for .NET as he's irreplaceable on here and there is a definite void he has left.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I miss him. I think of him almost every time I log on this site. His presence is definitely missed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RIP Les. I still have the last two emails he sent me.

I miss his cranky butt. I'd be a smartass just to get the "check your PM's" message, then BS with him via email. Good times.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Gone but never forgotten. A treasure of .NET, forever in our Hall of Fame.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
:cry: I remember the day he passed. I log on and a ton of folks had Radish avatars and I'm thinking OH NO!!!!
Les was a unique individual in the best way. He was friendly to everyone and just wanted everyone to get along. He treated everyone as family. I didn't know him personally, only on-line, but I doubt he had a mean bone in his body.

When they made Les, they threw away the mold.

We still miss you Les! :cry:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
He was a fat old prima donna and a fine, fine human being. He's missed.

A

Anonymous

I still have a handful of emails he sent to me saved in a folder. One is a "special" calendar, others are car stuff and words of wisdom. Loved that dude.

That reminds me, y'all need to snap pics of the #12 seats in your rows when you go to road games. Point to them with a goofy look on your face. That's Les' seat at the games. Pmedic920 started that by buying Les a seat, and he's been at every road game since. We need to save these shots for posterity.

Like this random Hawk fan here in Kansas City, for example:

20141116 104942 zps0daa03c1

seedhawk

Reaction score
15 months ago Les and Darlene spent 3 days at my home with my wife and I. Was a total hoot! We went to our community picnic/rodeo, talked net, football, and life in general. After Darlene called me, it was my sad duty to inform the rest of you of his passing. Total SHOCK! For someone so vibrant to depart suddenly leaves a void. Les an I shared too many emails to count, PM,s up the wazoo, and so many phone calls I still have cauliflower ear. He was a man some people react to, but, when all was said and done, he made an IMPACT! Nothing beats that!