Aaron Rodgers press conference

jonkchar

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers repeatedly said this game is as important as any other and deflected any talk of revenge or anything like that, by saying it was a new year. You had to really think that he was just saying what he needed to say.
When asked about his relationship with Russell Wilson and how he is impressed with his career so far, Rodgers said he's only spoken to him a few times and said he hasn't really seen any film, then went immediately to the next question.
When asked about the loudness of the 12th Man in Seattle, Rodgers was asked if he was hoping for a similar effect from the home crowd in Green Bay. Rodgers answered "Thats why I'm wearing my Lambeau Loud shirt!" (or something to that effect).
You can tell he wants this game more than anyone (I can't speak for Clay Matthews though).

Since 2012, the Packers have lost to the Seahawks in Seattle three straight times (plus once in Green Bay during the 2013 preseason). What does a win in Green Bay do for the Packers squad? Does it verify that they are the de facto NFC Champs (at least in the their own minds)? Does it mean their momentum from last year is carrying over? If so, what does a loss do? Does it mean that poor Brian Bostick really was the scapegoat for a team with deficiencies or worse, a coaching staff with deficiencies?
I have to wonder how important this game is to them not just for this game, or even this season, but this current incarnation of the Green Bay Packers

:snack:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He's a professional. He's saying the things he's supposed to say. If they beat us then yeah, they're the best until the records and results say otherwise. Pretty simple really.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Green Bay wants this game in the worst way.

I don't see the Seahawks winning especially right now with all their problems.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard Rodgers compliment Seattle. He's always so butthurt when he loses to Seattle and always thinks it was because of luck or something. That's the impression I get at least. He always whines when he loses and never gives any credit to Seattle. That's probably why he wouldn't say anything good about Wilson.

OP
OP
J

jonkchar

Reaction score
Right on, glad I'm not the only one who can see past what he's saying and what he means. His body language is pretty easy to read if you're tuned into that kind of thing. I would love nothing more than a win in Lambeau

(Edit: this turns out to be my 81st post. Take that for what you will..)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You mean we still have to play the games? And the season would still not be over if we go 0-2?
Mind blowing :th2thumbs:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This game is the best test coach Carroll and this squad has had in a long time, imo.

Going on the road in a hostile environment in prime time against a team that hates us.

I can't wait to see how our team responds to this challenge

lobohawk

Reaction score
Bennett already pull back the curtain on Rogers. Noting how he's cocky about winning and a smack talker like anyone else and isn't some sort of paragon of sportsmanship.

He hates to lose like most pros, but he expresses it by forcing you to count his boogers as he looks down at you.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1f64f9s6 said:
This game is the best test coach Carroll and this squad has had in a long time, imo.

Going on the road in a hostile environment in prime time against a team that hates us.

You mean since like the Super Bowl?

ptisme

Reaction score
Don't let Rodger's fool you.. He's one of the most competitive people I've ever seen. He wants this game as bad as anyone could ever want something. I would also say this: The Packers need to win this MUCH more than Seattle. It wouldn't be ideal for Seattle to start 0-2 but they have a lot of home games and could make that ground up. If Seattle comes into Lambeau and wins, that would be devastating to GB who's mantra has always been: "Can't wait to get you at Lambeau"....

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
ptisme":10u55hrk said:
Don't let Rodger's fool you.. He's one of the most competitive people I've ever seen. He wants this game as bad as anyone could ever want something. I would also say this: The Packers need to win this MUCH more than Seattle. It wouldn't be ideal for Seattle to start 0-2 but they have a lot of home games and could make that ground up. If Seattle comes into Lambeau and wins, that would be devastating to GB who's mantra has always been: "Can't wait to get you at Lambeau"....

Imagine how media is going to react if we win in GB.

hawksmode

Reaction score
The only way they get redemption is to win the NFC Championship...this game is on their turf...and my opinion both teams win this game at home...

If we went to New England and won this year...it would not mean jack until we win the SB again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rodgers does seem like a very smug, spoiled dewsh. One hell of a football player, but just comes off as an arrogant baby a lot of times.

ptisme

Reaction score
hawksmode":tjn6laud said:
The only way they get redemption is to win the NFC Championship...this game is on their turf...and my opinion both teams win this game at home...

If we went to New England and won this year...it would not mean jack until we win the SB again.
Well that's all true but Green Bay HAS to win this game since it is at home for them...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2mecqdv2 said:
Jerhawk":2mecqdv2 said:

You mean since like the Super Bowl?

That superbowl was basically a home game. The injuries turned into adversity for sure, but playing in front of a majority of 12s riding an 8 game winning streak, not nearly the same amount of adversity as this week.

I was more referring to the situation rather than the opponent

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":208om508 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":208om508 said:
Green Bay wants this game in the worst way.

I don't see the Seahawks winning especially right now with all their problems.

All their problems? We've played one game that means anything. One.

You don't believe the Seahawks have problems?

They can't find rhythm to their offense. The offensive line must improve immediately and substantially if Wilson is gonna start slinging the ball.

The defense gave up over 30 points to an offense let by Nick Foles and a third string running back.

Special teams gives up big plays.

Bad calls by the coaches. Coaches aren't responsible for playing but they are responsible for putting players in the best position to succeed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Green Bay has plenty of issues too. Don't let the win vs the Bears fool you, this Packers squad is vulnerable. THey will not stop the run without selling out to do so.