Week 2 Elo Ratings: Seahawks #2

Overseasfan

Reaction score
1 game isn't enough time to determine things like this. Upsets can happen anytime since there are 32 capable teams in the league, there just are no sure wins.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There was an expectation of 11.1 wins last week, before the upset loss in overtime, so a 10.0-win projection makes sense.

If New England is upset by Buffalo, I expect them too to fall to around a 10-win expectation, despite an easier schedule.

kearly

Reaction score
Imagine an NFL season where the league's best record was 11-5, and the league's 2nd best team barely reached 10 wins. Obviously, that would never happen. But it's totally understandable that a projection system would state this just one game into a season. Any projection this early in the season has to account for so many "what if" scenarios that they couldn't justify projecting even the best teams for 12 wins, despite the fact that having multiple 12 game winners is inevitable. Their projections on point differential are similarly cautious. It's such a wide spectrum of possibilities at this point, that when you split the difference it moves the expected result closer to the middle of the data.

If Seattle is the #2 team in the NFL at the end of the year in ELO, you can probably pencil them for more than 10 wins.

That said, I do get kind of a 10-6 vibe from the Hawks right now. The team has felt estranged from their identity ever since the preseason kicked off, and their road schedule this year has got to be the nastiest in the NFL. I think if Seattle wants to reach 12-4 this year, it will require a very high number of heroic comebacks and close wins, with very few heartbreaking losses.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ln1x0mq said:
I must be getting old. All I could think of was Electric Light Orchestra.

Ditto. Ironically, AXS TV was showing a Jeff Lynne and ELO concert. Don't bring me down with these predictions.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2nxp31l5 said:
ivotuk":2nxp31l5 said:
I must be getting old. All I could think of was Electric Light Orchestra.

Ditto. Ironically, AXS TV was showing a Jeff Lynne and ELO concert. Don't bring me down with these predictions.

They can bring me down but only if it is on the Last train to London. :mrgreen:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
ELO predicts Blue Skies for us. Good News!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Actually I thought ELO predicted we would "Turn To Stone". That prediction came true last week in the form of Dion Bailey.