Will Sherm follow a receiver?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Just curious what some of you smarty pants posters think about this. With Nelson being out, any feeling about whether or not we'll see Sherm follow Cobb around on Sunday?

2_0_6

Reaction score
I hope not. I have a feeling Sherm would be burned a few times by Cobb. He seems to struggle with the little shift fellas.

hawk45

Reaction score
He's moved around with the best weapon before and done a solid job. Cobb is the type of guy who will give Sherman trouble, but trouble is defined as "Sherman doesn't shut down every single pass." Even the guys that give Sherman trouble don't do jack against him when you look back at the game and realize it was only 3 or 4 catches for 30 yards or less.

I hope he does follow him. Rodgers will just make some other receiver look like an all-pro, but at least it won't be the remaining most dangerous weapon.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":2uik7y1n said:
No.. Sherman sucked and got exposed trying that against the rams.

What game did you watch? I watched sherm get targeted 4 times for 2 receptions/29 yards/no td and a pff grade of +0.6. Please explain how he got exposed in the rams game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
northseahawk":3fats0k8 said:

I forgot.. Seahawks.net logic = getting beat once means you suck and are exposed. :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anyway I think we will definitely see Sherm slide inside on passing downs, because we are hurting at nickel corner.. and Shead plays much better outside than inside (and he's not that good outside.. so that should say a lot)

Until Simon stops being a brittle bastard or Lane comes back.. this will be the norm.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think Sherman played great Week 1. That slot fade vs. man coverage that Bailey beat him on is one of the hardest routes in football to cover. Even then, Sherman was in good position and it required a dime pass from Foles to beat him (and Thomas) in coverage. You have to give credit to the opponent every once in a while.

That said, I think his usage in the slot will depend on matchups going forward. I think Burley makes sense in this particular game, especially with Simon out. We need as many pure coverage guys against Rodgers as possible, and I think Sherman, Williams and Burley are probably the best available in that respect. Shead is just a big body to me, which we can probably get away with in some games, but not this one.

northseahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk said:
Sherm sucked in that game? Ok[/quote

giving up a huge OT conversion and a deflection in the endzone earlier that should of been an PI and a couple other catches pretty much means "sucked" for a guy getting paid 13 million.

Plus, he was up against unknown wrs n foles.. not like it was Rogers and Calvin johnson.

I need to know what ur satisfactory expectations are when it comes to top paid players!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":228t06z0 said:
northseahawk":228t06z0 said:

I forgot.. Seahawks.net logic = getting beat once means you suck and are exposed. :lol:

Beat me to it. Someone gets one catch on Sherm and it's "OOoo he SUCKS !".

I wouldn't call it .net logic though. Sounds a ton like Cowboys and Niners fans logic as well.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Sherm was rock solid last week. The one big pass completed on Sherm from the slot was that overtime throw between Sherm and Earl that was literally a perfect pass. I still maintain that we should leave him home on the left and focus on the rest of the D doing their job.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
northseahawk":11a6hikb said:
SoulfishHawk":11a6hikb said:

giving up a huge OT conversion and a deflection in the endzone earlier that should of been an PI and a couple other catches pretty much means "sucked" for a guy getting paid 13 million.

Plus, he was up against unknown wrs n foles.. not like it was Rogers and Calvin johnson.

I need to know what ur satisfactory expectations are when it comes to top paid players!!

:141847_bnono: sometimes its hard not to take the trolls bait

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Laloosh":2w2j806o said:
Just curious what some of you smarty pants posters think about this. With Nelson being out, any feeling about whether or not we'll see Sherm follow Cobb around on Sunday?

I would like to see this happen . Why not . Anything the coaches think that gives us the best chance to win.

northseahawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3l1d8jb2 said:
northseahawk":3l1d8jb2 said:
SoulfishHawk":3l1d8jb2 said:

:141847_bnono: sometimes its hard not to take the trolls bait

oh wow! ! Hope you that made ur day saying that! :th2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I guess I can fully expect a "Russell Sucked" if he doesn't throw 5 TD's, throw for 450 yards and rush for 220 :lol: