random blast from the past vid..

irocdave

Reaction score
I was looking for something else when I found this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcZZlMKL5xw

Man I feel old becuase this doesn't feel like old school to me, until the commentators croon about the shot D Williams layed on Dudley. Wish that vid was longer, lots of really good Hawk players shown in the short vid.

Anyone else remember the NFL selling "biggest hits" videos at the end of the year? Man I miss those. Guys just getting knocked out cold, it was awesome.

While were on the subject of midlife crisis football reminiscing, anyone watching the "Nigerian Nightmare" tonight? How many remember THAT guy?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was my first year as a season ticket holder. I was sitting parallel to that play, maybe 100 yards away or so and I thought Williams decapitated Dudley. It stands as one of the Top 5 best hits I've ever seen in person. To this day I'm not so sure what was more impressive...The hit, or Dudley getting right up from it like nothing happened.

I'm with you, doesn't seem old school to me. Feels like just yesterday. (Wait, isn't that what old people say?)

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hamlin on Stallworth in 2003 was probably my favorite. NFL has had to stop glorifying the big hits, and rightfully so ... but man some of those old time thumps were amazing to watch and even better in slow mo.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
I get the NFL covering their assets now, just miss those big hit compilations that is the reason most watch the NFL. Yea, the players may have brains of mush when they hit 50 YO, but most got up after a big hit, trotted to the sideline and took "smelling salts". Had the pleasure of a couple of those "salts" in HS, try ramming a skunks anal glands up your nose, it would wake up a corpse, you got your S straight just so they wouldn't put pepe le pew up your nasal passage again.