What grinds my gears

dopeboy206

Reaction score
No one really brings this up but week after week why the hell do we always burn our timeouts early? It pisses me off. It just shows how undisciplined our offense is. Do the coaches and players have any common sense that you might need those timeouts late in the game? Smh

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I totally agree. Could have used those TOs this week. At this point its obvious that most game will go down to the end with this team, and TOs at the end of the game are valuable. I don't mind early TOs in the first half but in the second half we need to hold on to them.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
It's week after week we do this. It's getting old and played out.

kearly

Reaction score
When it's a close game and Pete or Russ waste 2nd half timeouts, I just always expect a loss now. It's been a kiss of death.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, clock management is an Achilles Heel to us. Has been since Pete arrived.

Chawker

Reaction score
I totally agree with the time outs thing! And seeing how we are on the subject, what grinds my gears is our first half performances as a whole. No imagination in the play calling, run run try to pass and punt then repete over and over again. I'm sick of it, try mixing it up once in a while. geez........

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I agree. I called immediately when Wilson took a timeout in the third quarter. Time outs are crucial and might to save them for the end. Another example of terrible game management that can avoided with the proper play calling.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Taking too long to get the play in then trying to run motion to diagnose the defense. Calling short passes for Marshawn and less than a handful of looks toward Graham is inexcusable.
Russell often lobs the ball to Lynch who usually has trouble with the fastball. Where is the high lob to Mathews or laser to Jimmy?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dopeboy206":12w1e6wz said:
No one really brings this up but week after week why the hell do we always burn our timeouts early? It pisses me off. It just shows how undisciplined our offense is. Do the coaches and players have any common sense that you might need those timeouts late in the game? Smh
Yep, another thing that drives me batty!

Saw GB do this twice when Bevell had an empty set called, which was stupid because all they have to do is blitz and its play over with that formation and our o-line. I think the NFL has quite a few coaches that have horrible clock management skills.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":lfq4gw5p said:
dopeboy206":lfq4gw5p said:
Yep, another thing that drives me batty!

Saw GB do this twice when Bevell had an empty set called, which was stupid because all they have to do is blitz and its play over with that formation and our o-line. I think the NFL has quite a few coaches that have horrible clock management skills.

Bill Simmons used to sort of joke that all the coaches should have the worlds top madden players to help with clock management. I understand it can be frustrating when you have so much going on but it seems so simple when viewing it objectively.