A disturbing trend

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Going back to the NFC Championship, the Seahawks have had the lead in the 4th quarter of the last four games only for the defense to give it up.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that as well. But, I would say the only disturbing one was the Super Bowl. The NFC Championship I was still in shock they came back and took the lead and was just happy to be going into O.T. with a chance. These first two games I think is more what we don't want to see develop as a trend. The only game of the four that I felt they were sorta sitting on a lead (or at least not taking advantage of their opportunities to put the other team away...) was the Super Bowl.

They're battling. But, it's fundamental football that is causing them to lose the leads this season. Blocking, tackling, etc. plus factors like angles, mistakes, penalties, composure, personnel. The players are summing that up as "communication" and they are probably right. I don't think it's just the tough first two game schedule. They're just playing like they're not quite ready. Very uncharacteristic. Not what we're used to the last few years. They can fix it, but they're going to need to start more playing to win and forget about the playing not to lose mentality.

They've got to get more players involved (not just Jimmy Graham.) They're featuring RW, ML, and DB. Sprinkling in a few other players here and there. They've got to find a way to get more players involved in the offense. They should probably more come out passing to set up the run. Too predictable at this point.