Birth of the New Seahawks Tonight

Spectre

Reaction score
Marshawn is ineffective lately (not saying it's on him, only got love for Marshawn), Kam is holding out, our offensive line's rush blocking is poor at best. Maybe Marshawn is getting up there in age and it's starting to catch up to him. Maybe our focus on fixing pass blocking has somehow caused an issue with run blocking. Maybe Kam needs to get his ass back to battle. I'm not a coach, nor am I an expert, but I've been a fan for a long time and I've played the game. In my opinion, we saw the birth of the new Seahawks today.

Russell Wilson was incredible. He's almost a one-man offense. We have reliable receivers, and some receivers such as Lockett and, in my opinion (from following him in college), Richardson, who are superstars and they don't even know it yet. Add to this Jimmy Graham, and Luke Willson, who is another star in the making, and we're starting to sound like the Patriots offense, except with morals and stuff. The one thing that will hold us back is Darrell Bevell - or at least that's what I was thinking until the second half of this game. When the Seahawks when in at half time today, they came out a brand new team. I think that we're going to see Wilson become the man, and Lynch phased out, for better or worse, for the remainder of this year.

And you thought this was going to be a negative thread. Thoughts?

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of run it till they can beat it. If a team can't beat what you're doing keep doing it till they can. Yet somehow we go down the entire field for two back to back touchdown drives and then we go away from what was working. I'll never understand it. I was emotional about us not continuing to do it, I didn't get it and I still don't.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Very simply, run blocking not good.
If that's the best the o-line can do, they better get much more creative implementing and mixing in run plays.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Spectre":2x2lkta5 said:
Marshawn is ineffective lately (not saying it's on him, only got love for Marshawn), Kam is holding out, our offensive line's rush blocking is poor at best. Maybe Marshawn is getting up there in age and it's starting to catch up to him. Maybe our focus on fixing pass blocking has somehow caused an issue with run blocking. Maybe Kam needs to get his ass back to battle. I'm not a coach, nor am I an expert, but I've been a fan for a long time and I've played the game. In my opinion, we saw the birth of the new Seahawks today.

Russell Wilson was incredible. He's almost a one-man offense. We have reliable receivers, and some receivers such as Lockett and, in my opinion (from following him in college), Richardson, who are superstars and they don't even know it yet. Add to this Jimmy Graham, and Luke Willson, who is another star in the making, and we're starting to sound like the Patriots offense, except with morals and stuff. The one thing that will hold us back is Darrell Bevell - or at least that's what I was thinking until the second half of this game. When the Seahawks when in at half time today, they came out a brand new team. I think that we're going to see Wilson become the man, and Lynch phased out, for better or worse, for the remainder of this year.

luke willson is not a star in the making.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of run it till they can beat it. If a team can't beat what you're doing keep doing it till they can. Yet somehow we go down the entire field for two back to back touchdown drives and then we go away from what was working. I'll never understand it. I was emotional about us not continuing to do it, I didn't get it and I still don't.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wilson quite literally will win us games if we allow him to do so.

strat1080

Reaction score
Spectre":3mhioam2 said:

I'm not sure I can agree with the first sentence. Lynch wasn't effective as a runner but he was clearly effective as a conduit to get other parts of the offense working. On all those read option plays where Wilson was keeping it you could see the Packers defense bite hard on the fake, which left Wilson untouched off the edge and easy 10 yard scampers over and over. Wilson is not a one man offense. You put a no name RB back there and he is going to get beat up on those read option plays. Until Lynch is proven to be washed up no team is going to be brave enough to not make him a focus in their game planning.

capncrunch

Reaction score
strat1080":36ag436w said:
Spectre":36ag436w said:

I'm not sure I can agree with the first sentence. Lynch wasn't effective as a runner but he was clearly effective as a conduit to get other parts of the offense working. On all those read option plays where Wilson was keeping it you could see the Packers defense bite hard on the fake, which left Wilson untouched off the edge and easy 10 yard scampers over and over. Wilson is not a one man offense. You put a no name RB back there and he is going to get beat up on those read option plays. Until Lynch is proven to be washed up no team is going to be brave enough to not make him a focus in their game planning.

I don't really care about Marshawn's stats. There will be games where he get's rolling a lot in run and pass and other's less. I do think we have to pass it more than we have in the past and I think Russ can make that work. We have some great new weapons and Marshawn will have his place as needed. Whatever it takes to get points on the board. Russell has to improvise. Let him do his thing.

OP
OP
S

Spectre

Reaction score
Am I closer to being football Nostradamus yet? :sarcasm_off: With the Marshawn injury, I think things will continue to trend towards passing/Russell Wilson. I still say our passing game is about to explode.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally agree, Russell will win games in spite of Bevell.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":25baxpdv said:
Totally agree, Russell will win games in spite of Bevell.

If our game plan changes pass first then run let Russell call his own plays once in a while , totally fool the defense , like he was in doing in the 3rd quarter in Green Bay .

canfan

Reaction score
This may not really be applicable to this thread, but I'd like to announce that I have just come from the bathroom, where I witnessed the birth of the new 49ers.

OP
OP
S

Spectre

Reaction score
canfan":5iwurju0 said:
This may not really be applicable to this thread, but I'd like to announce that I have just come from the bathroom, where I witnessed the birth of the new 49ers.

I can't find the like button. Where's the like button?