Positives from this game

jake206

Reaction score
-At least we learned that Desean Shead can be a good replacement for Kam.
-Played probably our toughest road teams already.
-Wilson had a decent stretch where he could play from the pocket.
-Wilson had a pocket-Oline pass blocked who would have guessed.
-DLine got good push with front four at times.
-More read option with Wilson keeping it. Definitely thought this was progress from week 1.
-Healthy...no major injuries for a second week in a row.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The back seven shored up tremendously, with the exception of Cary Williams.
Pass protection took a step up.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Appreciate any fan who accentuates the positives after a loss...

I think we looked like the team we are used to, more or less, in the second half, especially on offense. I was really impressed with Bevell's play calling as they were plays I would have called. LOL!

You have to know when the defense has figured you out. In this game, it was obvious that their primary motive was to shut Lynch down. It worked. Well, when you do that, it leaves read option boots for Wilson which we all know he can tear any defense up doing that. I was so happy to see they changed their game plan to accommodate our strength on offense.

This was no blow out. The Packers won, but they certainly can't stake claim on any kind of dominant, revenge-filled victory. They won, yes. They deserve the win. But this was a traditional battle of two heavy weights going at it. I am not so sure this win made them look like the clear front-runners in the NFC. Especially with their injuries.

In my (biased) mind, it's still the Seahawks conference to lose. I think we showed very good glimpses tonight that we will still be the team to beat by December.

getnasty

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ek87iu3 said:

Again with Cary Williams? What did he give up today? Played better then Sherm did, I guess i'm missing something cause I just don't understand the hate for this guy.
Oh yeah positives-Shead, Williams, Bennett, Baldwin

HawkFan72

Reaction score
getnasty":583504p4 said:
MontanaHawk05":583504p4 said:

Again with Cary Williams? What did he give up today? Played better then Sherm did, I guess i'm missing something cause I just don't understand the hate for this guy.
Oh yeah positives-Shead, Williams, Bennett, Baldwin

I agree. Williams is getting a bad rap just because people on here think he's overpaid. So far, he's played better than Maxwell did as a Seahawk, IMO.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
We get 6+ Sacks and shut down every other QB in the league playing D like that.

Fred Jackson got the first of a many TD receptions this season.

We're one game closer to the end of Bevell's time in Seattle, whenever that may be.

getnasty

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2jme7fbn said:
getnasty":2jme7fbn said:
Again with Cary Williams? What did he give up today?

As I recall, the game winning TD.

Should be complaining about the DL on that play and there lack of ability to get to Rodgers/Contain him. But yeah Cary Willaims is a bum for giving up a 6 yard catch, where he had to cover for 6 sec with the best QB in the league throwing the ball

justafan

Reaction score
I thought we played well with the exceptions of a few key plays at key moments that could have changed the game.

They got down and didnt quit.

Every mistake that happened is fixable.

They lost key players and coaches and still have the talent and toughness to beat anyone.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Wilson looked good when bevell finally abandoned the run

justafan

Reaction score
davidonmi":e8pr4r6e said:
Wilson looked good when bevell finally abandoned the run

There is nothing wrong with running Lynch trying to eat up the clock,keeping Rodgers off the field and wear down the D.

You can run to open up the pass or you can pass to open up the run but to blame someone for running Lynch is crazy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I thought the Oline settled in really well after the first quarter. In the second half they were able to pass protect REALLY well, they gave Russell plenty of time to work in the pocket.

sutz

Reaction score
Frankly, I thought Lynch was a bit better last night than against the Lambs. I think he's slow starting on us because he only had 5-6 carries in pre-season. I know "he always does that" but I think we pay for it.

It's been commented that he has possibly missed some big holes, and on the final stuff against the Lambs, he definitely looked like he hesitated, but further, it looked like he tried to cut right when the real hole was to the left. He has seemed out of sync to me. I'm starting to think that resting him too much in pre-season might not be such a good idea.

Beating Chicago will cure a lot of ills. ;)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
getnasty":2lm1j3eo said:
volsunghawk":2lm1j3eo said:
getnasty":2lm1j3eo said:
Again with Cary Williams? What did he give up today?

As I recall, the game winning TD.

Should be complaining about the DL on that play and there lack of ability to get to Rodgers/Contain him. But yeah Cary Willaims is a bum for giving up a 6 yard catch, where he had to cover for 6 sec with the best QB in the league throwing the ball

I can't complain about both? :|

DJrmb

Reaction score
- The Bandwagon got less crowded. Unfortunately majority of these fair weather pessimists will just be able to hop right back on once we run off a few wins in a row. I wish they were locked out like those "12s" that were locked outside of the NFCCG last year... :stirthepot:
B7q0L8LCMAAd43p00

- The defense started to look like themselves and is very close to being back to playing at an elite level. The players are being stretched and having to learn their positions and roles better, rather than having to rely on Kam to get them in the right positions like Earl mentioned earlier this season. Overall that will make us better and make guys better able to react and understand their roles and the defense as a whole.

- The offense showed signs of improvement and the offensive line did a good job in pass protection, rendering the constantly moving, and always challenging, Clay Matthews relatively ineffective.

- Bevell made the appropriate adjustments to the offense after half-time in having Russell keep some of those read-option plays. The Packers were crashing in the whole first half on Marshawn Lynch and consistently left the backside open for Russell. I just wish we could have made that adjustment earlier rather than having to wallow through an entire half of ineffectiveness to finally make the adjustment.

- Cary Williams played better than Byron Maxwell for a 2nd consecutive week...

- Our 2 toughest road games of the entire season (probably 2 toughest regular season games period) are over.

titan3131

Reaction score
The biggest positive was that Kearse got less snaps after being the turd practice squad player he is.

LINEUP NEEDS TO BE

BALDWIN
LOCKETT
MATTHEWS

IDC if he is a rookie he is better tehn everyone on our wr squad besides baldwin. And in a few years he will be better then baldwin overall due to his higher ceiling.

Prich cannot get back fast enough so we can drop kearse to the special teams guy he deserves to be with his homie and SB LOSER LOCKETTE. They both need to be gone after this year.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It seemed noticeable to me that the pocket stayed secure and Wilson stuck with it for a long time. It wasn't there as often as you'd like, but it was markedly better than I remember it being through most of last season.

xgeoff

Reaction score
jake206":26qckfha said:
-At least we learned that Desean Shead can be a good replacement for Kam.
-Played probably our toughest road teams already.
-Wilson had a decent stretch where he could play from the pocket.
-DLine got good push with front four at times.
-More read option with Wilson keeping it. Definitely thought this was progress from week 1.
-Healthy...no major injuries for a second week in a row.

I like what you have to say except I didn't see enough push from the front 4. I think they rarely got a good push, and especially not in the fourth quarter. We need these guys to step it up in the 4th quarter, THAT is when we need the front 4 to dominate the O-line across from them.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Love this positives post. :th2thumbs:
I was hoping that we'd have a better showing than we did last week, and I wasn't one bit disappointed.
The adjustments and results thereof, shows that these Seahawks have improved a bunch over the last seven days, on BOTH SIDES of the ball.
Considering this game was played in GB, with the Referees helping the Packers in their Home Field Advantages, the Seahawks did a great job of keeping this game from ever getting out of reach.
A great game is one where the victor can't act cocky, or say that they had an easy time getting the win...This was a "Great Game"

chet380

Reaction score
A positive that didn't last long enough -- Seattle 17 Green Bay 13