Immediate impressions

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The offensive line is finally starting to pass protect. GB only got 3 QB Hits and really only 1 sack. That other sack was because Wilson ran it out of bounds 1 yd shy instead of just tossing the ball out of bounds and not losing a yard. In 30 pass attempts, that's really a very good showing. In the NFCCG, GB got 9 QB Hits and 5 sacks.

That was a very good showing.

Some will say the run blocking now sucks. Not really. The Packers were selling out to stop Lynch. They figured they could beat Wilson and for one half, it worked. I'll get to that later though.

Russell Wilson looks confident when he runs. But after a first half of him never keeping the RO when he should have, the one time he shouldn't have, he did. Never keep the RO with Rawls in. The defender isn't going to respect Rawls when it's Wilson. He's going to be glued to Wilson.

Wagner looked much more dominant tonight. Leading the team in tackles.

Two turn overs killed us. That bad call where they fumble the interception and the refs don't call it and I can't recall if Pete was already out of time outs by that point and couldn't challenge. That call goes our way and I think we win that game.

The refs boned us all night. That free timeout they gave to GB to end the first half was the worst, but there were plenty of other biased calls. I really felt like they were giving a make up to GB for the Wail Mary. We'll never know now, but GB might not have gotten that field goal to end the half if they don't stop the clock.

I'm not worried about the team. We still held them to 361 yds offense. Just 55 more than they got in the NFCCG. Our oline looks like it's able to pass pro. Now that they can do that and we can throw the ball again, our running game will open back up.

I am worried about the adjustments. Green Bay thought we were one dimensional. It shouldn't have taken an entire first half to adjust to that. Pete has the worlds best half time adjustments. It's been his hallmark. But one has to wonder about the going in gameplan. Today's adjustments were so obvious and so easy, I don't understand why it took till after halftime to implement them.