So Chris Collinsworth tells this story...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That has Mr. Bevell asking Collinsworth if he expected the playcall that ended the SB for the Hawks O.

Was that an insight into how our OC thinks? Was it somehow a good call because a broadcaster didn't expect it?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
This came out around the end of the superbowl, insiders believe bevell is the type of guy that always wants to outsmart the room. He isn't smart enough

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The best thing the city of Seattle can do is drive him from town.

He has to live here, eat here, work here - it doesn't have to be pleasant.

At some point, if people hate you enough, you leave.

But yes, the problem with him is that he is a moron that tries to outsmart everyone AND continually looks to others to validate the intelligence that clearly is not there.

The fact that he is taking 3 lefts to make right is the problem, he spins in circles trying to do things people don't expect but they don't expect them because they are stupid things to do.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":g2i1b9bb said:

This is a pathetic post and hope it was a joke.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":gjosrlk2 said:

Dude. Get a hold of yourself.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":arafaw8w said:

Shit, son, I am not into persecution. I just thought the story Chris told was insightful.

FanSince82

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":25izcnzm said:

But yes, the problem with him is that he is a moron that tries to outsmart everyone AND continually looks to others to validate the intelligence that clearly is not there.

The fact that he is taking 3 lefts to make right is the problem, he spins in circles trying to do things people don't expect but they don't expect them because they are stupid things to do.
So what you're suggesting is a Lynch mob? :mrgreen:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2e3aplbb said:
This came out around the end of the superbowl, insiders believe bevell is the type of guy that always wants to outsmart the room. He isn't smart enough

I totally agree. Bevell seems like that person that gets on your nerve for whatever little reason. He might just do something small like look at you a certain way, speak in a certain tone, he seems like a condescending individual if that makes any sense.

Here's a thought, Bevell, stop trying to outsmart people and do the logical thing.

I hate his calls for a run when it's 3rd and 15 or more.

I mean what's the point, are you expecting to catch the defense off guard and break off a 20 plus yard run?

I mean, come on!!

Get it together, man!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I was so mad about that run on 3rd and 3 at the end of the 1st half, I was actually glad the Packers scored a fg. It made him look that worse

rideaducati

Reaction score
So tonight, Bevell calls a play with an empty backfield. The packers call a timeout to get better personnel on to the field. Does Bevell change the call? Nope. The Seahawks run the next play from an empty backfield...it was 3rd and 3...incomplete pass. That was just dumb. Where were the play action passes early in the game when the Packers were selling out bringing 8 and 9 guys to stop the run? Russell isn't doing Bevell any favors by holding the ball too long, but Bevell NEEDS to pull his head out of his ass soon or give up the play calling duties.

bingotown

Reaction score
My thoughts for the last 2 weeks on DB (ironic don't u think) are similar. Why is he calling the plays he is in situations of must needed yardage. Everyone knows at this point we a patch together front line that is still learning to play together. Probably just me but OT in week 1 in a must pick up 3 yrd play why put outcome on O line? Why not option pass or miss direction? Let's face it, RW did his best work on the run last night. The O line couldn't create a hole for Marsh and when RW dropped back he was constantly pressured. DB needs to understand the caliber of line he's deeling with and adjust his play ccalling accordingly. This is NOT a playoff caliber line............yet

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FanSince82":egxqq50g said:
TwistedHusky":egxqq50g said:

So what you're suggesting is a Lynch's Mom mob? :mrgreen:

Fixed it for ya!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
rideaducati":3cui5id8 said:
So tonight, Bevell calls a play with an empty backfield. The packers call a timeout to get better personnel on to the field. Does Bevell change the call? Nope. The Seahawks run the next play from an empty backfield...it was 3rd and 3...incomplete pass. That was just dumb. Where were the play action passes early in the game when the Packers were selling out bringing 8 and 9 guys to stop the run? Russell isn't doing Bevell any favors by holding the ball too long, but Bevell NEEDS to pull his head out of his ass soon or give up the play calling duties.
Could it be he was still running his scripted plays at that point? Had we reached 25 then?

SimonHatcher

Reaction score
We have had 2 plays this season, short yardage, everyone expects Marshawn to get the ball. He does, and both times failed.

So maybe when the whole World, Stadium and opposing team are expecting the ball to go to Marshawn, a pass is the right call.

I would concede a better design and execution would have a better result, but pass vs run was not the terrible call prior to knowing the result.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ro0rlbu said:

Okay psycho.

Rflagg

Reaction score
Collinsworth ruins Sunday night games for me, I just hate when he talks. As far as Bevell goes I hate how goes with so many empty sets especially on third and short and that he doesn't seem to be able to adjust his game plan anywhere near fast enough. I am not sure how much badly or under using new talent is on Russ and how much is on Bevell.