The only redeeming thing about being 0-2

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
All these fair-weather mouth breathers will hopefully jump off the bandwagon and real Hawk discussion can take place

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm counting on it. As ridiculous some Hawks "fans" get after an 0-2 start, imagine what they are talking about in Philly or Baltimore today.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":cmmix47s said:
All these fair-weather mouth breathers will hopefully jump off the bandwagon and real Hawk discussion can take place

I wish.

What we're gonna get is even more fire Bevell, pay Kam, Russell's overrated, window's closed, Cable sucks, etc.

When I saw the schedule when it was released I said oh crap, definitely a possibility we could go 0-2. So I'm not sweating it. I still see us as one of the top 2-3 teams in the NFC that SHOULD get better as the season goes along once the O-line meshes and we figure out how to use Jimmy.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Looking at the schedule, I think you could make an argument that we just played our two most difficult games of the season, and that starting off 0-2 isn't something to be alarmed over.

Green Bay tends to be just as good at Lambeau as the Seahawks are at the Clink, and for as much grief as we like to give Rodgers, he's the best QB in the game. And I think St. Louis has the best D-line in the league, and it's been constructed (successfully) to give our offense fits. Losing in St. Louis isn't a shocker by any stretch.

It's unfortunate that those two games were set up as our first two, especially as we're breaking in a new O-line, new weapons on offense, and dealing with Kam's holdout, but sometimes the schedule gods giveth and sometimes not so much.

I'm looking forward to the team getting back home and seeing if they can get some things corrected against the Bears.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Good for this site, but bad for the organization. Those fair weather fans really generate a lot of revenue.

byau

Reaction score
While there are a lot of good things to see in the 0-2 losses, my one big concern is the swagger. A lot of it probably relates to Kam directly, as well as ripple effects of whatever is going on in people's minds with the Kam situation

I think eventually that gets played out, already evidenced in another thread by Earl publicly privately speaking out.

Soon as the players REALLY move on, and get back their identity of SMASHMOUTH football, we'll be back on track. Playoffs at least, not sure if it will be on track early enough to get the division, we'll see

The one encouraging sign I saw: I don't recall when it was, but Green Bay had the ball on 1st and 10 or 2nd and 10 and did a rush for 9 yards. Earl came up and HIT the guy. Gave a small mini celebration and then raised his fist to dap the nearest Seahawk. To me, that goes back to last season when Earl said the Seahawks D needed to get back to hitting. It was a major lightbulb for me: no matter how small or how big the gain by the opposing offense, they had to KNOW they were going to get hit. The offensive equivalent: Russell juking somebody, Russell keeping the ball on the option and going for the 1st, Marshawn running over everyone, Baldwin getting those 3rd and longs - a number of smashmouth daggers that are just waiting to show up. Eventually when Jimmy gets into the mix there will be plenty of smashmouth daggers on offense.

And on D: when the rest of the defense sees Earl leading the way without Kam back to smashmouth defense, I think we'll be fine.

Prediction? It might take another week or two, by week 5 I think we'll have our identity down and be ready to roll.