still the best team

northseahawk

Reaction score
Just imagine if RW n Bevell actually come to play 4 qrters. We would easily be 2-0. We have almost beat the past 2 teams by playing 2 quarters vs their 4 quarters.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks are still the team to beat in the NFC along with Green Bay. This was a heavyweight bout on their homefield. You win some....you lose some.

There are many fans of our team who are new to how the NFL works, that apparently cant even remember back to last year for a reminder of this very thing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3af1pcym said:
Lol no. What team have you watched the past 2 weeks?

Lets revisit this in November and re-discuss.

Not many teams in the NFL have had to go on the road to two tough opponents.

We have had leads late in both games.

Think we are 0-2 with the Cardinals schedule?

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
keatonisballin":11wwt5x2 said:

This is the correct answer. We let Nick Foles (who got dominated by the dreaded Redskins today) own us. Then we turn around and let a back up RB rush for almost 100 yrds on us? This D has serious issues. I can forgive allowing Rodgers to light us up...but allowing a guy named James Starks to average almost 5 yrds a carry? Let's be real.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":ts4lbjrt said:
keatonisballin":ts4lbjrt said:

This is the correct answer. We let Nick Foles (who got dominated by the dreaded Redskins today) own us. Then we turn around and let a back up RB rush for almost 100 yrds on us? This D has serious issues. I can forgive allowing Rodgers to light us up...but allowing a guy named James Starks to average almost 5 yrds a carry? Let's be real.

Lets see where we are in a few weeks.

Too many variables for intelligent fans, fans who have perspective...fans who watched this team for two week spurts last year.....to be making these type of declarations.

We would be 2-0 with the Cardinals schedule. Sometimes, its all about timing.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
northseahawk":10ulf4r8 said:
Just imagine if RW n Bevell actually come to play 4 qrters. We would easily be 2-0. We have almost beat the past 2 teams by playing 2 quarters vs their 4 quarters.

Yes the play calling has been very slow to get going , it seems like they are all afraid of making mistakes playing it real safe, in some ways that works but this teams needs to get up in a game early , and go from there , I hate to say this but these 2 games are almost like exhibition games for the veterans on this team that did not play much in the pre season to me game one on Sunday against the Bears .

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'd still rank us #2 in the NFC, but that is more because of lack of other options than anything else

OP
OP
N

northseahawk

Reaction score
We were the better team on that field today. If not for the 2 damn free plays and fluke long run, we take that game. We are just overcoming the bastard kam chancellors diaturbance

ringless

Reaction score
The what if game goes both ways. Green Bay was/is decimated by injuries. Seattle only had 104yds in the entire first half. It's hard to win games like that when your offense is that inefficient for 30 minutes of the game.

I still think Seattle is the team to beat. The slow start is not new. And all of the other teams in this division including mine will have to play the same teams Seattle just lost two which means we all could easily have those same two losses later on in the year.

Seattle at the end of the day is still the deepest team in the division. Most likely 2nd best team in the conference for now. I'm sure in a month they will be 4-2 and all of this won't matter.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
All of this "believing" stuff and you don't even seem to know how they got here. The defense is no longer keeping the extremely inconsistent offense in games. The Hawks never have been a 25-30ppg team on offense and they're not going to be. Try and be real about this and deal with the fact that they need Kam back without cutting yourselves with razors.

"NO.....NO....NO.....666, MARK OF THE BEAST! NAUGHTY JUNGLE OF LOVE!"

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I disagree. The best team is NE. Brady and that offense is a machine and they have a coaching staff that is ready snap 1 rather than quarter 3. Pete's defense has been figured out and we are not adapting to the changes quick enough.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ludakrishna":jpkepqrt said:
I disagree. The best team is NE. Brady and that offense is a machine and they have a coaching staff that is ready snap 1 rather than quarter 3. Pete's defense has been figured out and we are not adapting to the changes quick enough.

Our defense has been "figured out" like last year against San Diego, the year before against Indianapolis, last year against St. Louis, Last year against KC.....

Should I continue?

Let it play out. Too early in the season for intelligent fans to be making these comments.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Sorry but we are an 0-2 win less team . That is a fact ! you are what your record is.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Hawkpower":36wmqow7 said:
WilliamCooper":36wmqow7 said:
keatonisballin":36wmqow7 said:

Lets see where we are in a few weeks.

Too many variables for intelligent fans, fans who have perspective...fans who watched this team for two week spurts last year.....to be making these type of declarations.

We would be 2-0 with the Cardinals schedule. Sometimes, its all about timing.
Would of should of maybe almost etc....
We are 0-2 that's what we are !
Man if we lose this next game Cant wait to read all the "intelligent" fans posts.

ptisme

Reaction score
It's early. Remember last year how awful New England, Green Bay, and even Seattle (sans week one of course) looked early.

I will say this: I'm surprised Green Bay won given they were without their 2nd, 3rd and 4th best offensive players as well as their two best run defenders....

I could see this matchup again in the NFCCG back up here at Lambeau and by then last nights game will be ancient history.

Lastly, both these teams are built to be good every year, so there should be many more fun games to watch between these two...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawks are the best team in the nfc. They looked better than GB yesterday. I'm with Avril, don't care about 0-2, 14 games left with a very easy stretch of games coming up

Willyeye

Reaction score
We will be just fine with just a few tweaks. The Rams always play us tough in Saint Louis, and the Packers, especially Rodgers, play everybody tough in GB. I believe we are capable of going 8-0 at home this season, but we will probably lose one of those, so most likely we will go 7-1 at home. I believe we are capable of winning out on the road, especially now that the Boys season is all but over. But realistically, we will probably lose one or two of those games...so worst case, we go 4-4 on the road. There is EVERY reason to believe we will go at least 11-5 this season. That puts us in the playoffs, and once there, unlike last year, and as long as the injury gods are willing, we can win out.

OFFENSE:
Here's the good news: the players have a lot of stuff that still needs to be worked out. The O-line looked a bit better this game...if they can start gelling in the next few games, the offense could get crazy good. There have been flashes of brilliance by Russell this year. There were times last night where he looked super good...even the announcers were comparing him to Rodgers. The running game is still there. I think last night was a case of pick your poison. The Packers decided to shut down Lynch, and that leaves Russell. We all saw the potential in the 3rd quarter. But for whatever reason, the coaching staff seems incapable of regrouping during the 1st or 2nd quarters...why are they incapable of doing this during the first half instead of waiting until halftime? It's like Bevell decides to go heavy on the run game...it doesn't work, so then he re-assesses at halftime, and the offense looks COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in the 3rd quarter. Just an asinine strategy...why not simply TRY to actually win in the first half?

I hate to say it, but the biggest problem the Hawks offense has at the moment is the Offensive Coordinator. I just don't understand what has happened to him...I know he's capable of winning SB's. He's even taken them to 2 consecutive SB's. I'm honestly no longer sure if he had a lot to do with their success the last few years, or if the players succeeded in spite of Bevell. But I am starting to worry about Bevell's ability to build an offense around receivers. Why bet the farm on players like Harvin and Graham, and then fail to use them the way they should be used. If Schneider is going to spend enormous amounts of cap space on guys like Harvin and Graham, he may need to find a new OC. Bevell has stunk up the place with both of these players. With Harvin, he re-designed the entire offense, but failed to use him properly...with Graham, he is failing again...but last night made no sense whatsoever...1 reception for 11 yards? I don't even know what to say, but the Hawks actually have a GREAT receiving corps, and I believe Bevell has no clue how to use them. This could be Wilson's breakout season...the season where he becomes an elite passer, and I see Bevell ruining that.

HONESTLY, IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE THAT MUCH CAP SPACE ON JG AND FAIL TO USE HIM FOR HIS INTENDED PURPOSE, WHY NOT JUST GIVE THAT MONEY TO CHANCELLOR? ALSO, IF YOU'RE GOING TO PAY WILSON "RODGERS MONEY", WHY NOT USE HIM FOR ALL 4 QUARTERS? I am so frustrated, I was almost physically ill from it last night.

DEFENSE:
I am a bit worried though about some of the guys. I have a bad feeling that some of the players are REALLY missing Kam. Look at the guys that are playing like crap. Sherman, ETIII, Wagner...these are Kam's brothers, and apparently, they are not the same players when they're missing one of the four musketeers. By the way, Shead is no more a Kam Chancellor than Bailey is. KAM, COME BACK, WE NEED YOU!

Look at the rest of the D though: most of the front 7 was killing it last night- Irvin, Hill, Avril, Rubin, Mebane, Bennett, Wright (of course Bennett and Wright need to clean up the penalties)...29 pressures! Any other situation besides Rodgers in GB, and that front 7 would have had 10 sacks. And that was without really using Clark or Marsh. One side note here, Burley and Williams both actually had a pretty impressive game; against Aaron Rodgers! Hope that continues!

We have a GREAT team. These guys are ALL ballers. Maybe Bevell needs an assistant...an assistant that actually know how to plan a game for a passing offense! Oh yeah, keep the faith!