Perspective.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Yeah we're 0-2. Yeah the defense has looked noticeably different without Kam Chancellor. Yeah the line is still a mess and Bevell is an aggravating play-caller .. I mean.. AGGRAVATING (ask my poor dog)

But down in Texas, their team is 2-0.. and now without their starting QB for at least 2 months. Without their star WR for 3 months. Just had their next best passing target in Jason Witten suffer high ankle sprains to BOTH ankles along with a sprained knee.

They're 2-0, but do you think Cowboys fans feel good about it?

Outside of Green Bay, the NFC is a mess. Arizona looks like they did a season ago.. Philly/NYG/Washington are not good teams. The NFC South stinks. The Rams are still the Rams. The Niners are closer to today's team than the one that Dilfer was dry humping on MNF.

The point is.. 0-2, while it sucks, is really not cause for concern. If they hold serve at home the next two games, we're going to be fine.

Perspective.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
And we didnt just get our butts kicked by Stanford. :D

We'll be fine. I didnt expect 15-1 or 14-2, all goals are still possible.

Reaction score
Good post! We just got to be more innovative on offense and gel a little bit as a team and I think we will be ok.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Great post and completely agree.

While some like to think the season is only 2 games long, theres still a lot of football left

Rob12

Reaction score
Appreciate the optimism and trying to help drown out the negativity. I'm not worried about the talent level on this roster. I am worried about the absence of discipline.

This team has very serious issues at this point. I'm all for perspective, but I think it's important to call a Spade a Spade.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":31nw92ks said:

While some like to think the season is only 2 games long, theres still a lot of football left

Guys who take "12th-ies" and started celebrating "BLUE FRIDAY!!!" a couple weeks ago are to blame.

I love the support from new fans, but sometimes I wish we could thin the heard juuuust a bit.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rob12":1grd0viz said:
Appreciate the optimism and trying to help drown out the negativity. I'm not worried about the talent level on this roster. I am worried about the absence of discipline.

This team has very serious issues at this point. I'm all for perspective, but I think it's important to call a Spade a Spade.

The lack of discipline isnt new.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3moj1isj said:
Hawkfan77":3moj1isj said:

Guys who take "12th-ies" and started celebrating "BLUE FRIDAY!!!" a couple weeks ago are to blame.

I love the support from new fans, but sometimes I wish we could thin the heard juuuust a bit.
Exactly, perspective is not a word in their dictionary. They don't understand what it means.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2rnpqx0u said:
Rob12":2rnpqx0u said:

Yeah, with Carroll as the HC, the Hawks are always at or near the top for penalties. It's the way he coaches, keeping guys loose, which apparently now means undisciplined...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Two words: Jimmy Clausen. And I will leave it at that. No need to talk pass next opponent.
Please repeat after me: Jimmy Clausen. Let's go get him next week.
Russell said it best: We just need to go 1-0 next week.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3e9jsyrc said:
Rob12":3e9jsyrc said:

That's the sad part.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/645823273268314112[/tweet]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rob12":26izn3l6 said:
Hawkpower":26izn3l6 said:
Rob12":26izn3l6 said:

That's the sad part.

Agreed....except for the fact that it didnt hinder our ability to advance in previous years, so is it really a serious or new issue?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Jimmy Clausen. Jeez I forgot he'll be starting next week. Not entirely sure he'll be a downgrade though.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1n7kncoh said:
Yeah we're 0-2. Yeah the defense has looked noticeably different without Kam Chancellor. Yeah the line is still a mess and Bevell is an aggravating play-caller .. I mean.. AGGRAVATING (ask my poor dog)

But down in Texas, their team is 2-0.. and now without their starting QB for at least 2 months. Without their star WR for 3 months. Just had their next best passing target in Jason Witten suffer high ankle sprains to BOTH ankles along with a sprained knee.

They're 2-0, but do you think Cowboys fans feel good about it?

Outside of Green Bay, the NFC is a mess. Arizona looks like they did a season ago.. Philly/NYG/Washington are not good teams. The NFC South stinks. The Rams are still the Rams. The Niners are closer to today's team than the one that Dilfer was dry humping on MNF.

The point is.. 0-2, while it sucks, is really not cause for concern. If they hold serve at home the next two games, we're going to be fine.

Perspective.

Agree. Packers arent even that much ahead of everyone else IMO. They were losing to the Bears at halftime and losing to us in the 4th quarter so its not like dominated either game.

HawkEye

Reaction score
I agree. It was week 2 of the season and 0-2 will give this team a drive to succeed.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":35qcjhf3 said:
Rob12":35qcjhf3 said:
Hawkpower":35qcjhf3 said:
Rob12":35qcjhf3 said:

That's the sad part.

Agreed....except for the fact that it didnt hinder our ability to advance in previous years, so is it really a serious or new issue?

I'm just of the belief that things tend to catch up with you sooner or later. You just flat out cannot get penalized for mental lapses against the best QB in the world.. He made us pay. A lot.

12 men on the field... Multiple jumping offsides penalties, which killed us and gave Rodgers two free plays with zero bad consequences. You just can't do it.

This team dodged bullets in the past, but this is a new year. It has to be cleaned up. And of course it's not a new issue, but it's an issue that can destroy this team's season in a game of inches.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1kd3q4iw said:
Jimmy Clausen. Jeez I forgot he'll be starting next week. Not entirely sure he'll be a downgrade though.

Him and Nick Foles are interchangeable.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I will argue the opposite.

If this team wins the next game, so what?

The Chicago game will not matter, it will be like beating up on the Jags. Nobody will notice or care.

It won't fix the problems with the OC nor will it show whether this team can actually win consistently with Wilson as the primary driver instead of Lynch and the defense.

After that, is Detroit really that bad? They look it (but we always struggle with Detroit and Stafford throwing to those receivers still worries me) but if we beat them does it mean anything?

Does it prove we can beat or even play a good team? No.

So we can be 2-2 and still essentially be a .500 team (or literally be .500).

Remember when the Atlanta falcons were beating on a bunch of powderpuffs and then fell apart in the playoffs because they really never played a solid game against good teams?

The question is simple: Can this team transition from a defensive powerhouse that runs the ball consistently to move the chains, beats on its opponents and then uses the mobile QB to derail opponents - into a team that wins on the back of the young but fantastic QB? And is the QB really good enough to carry a team?

The team is clearly no longer a defensive powerhouse. The run game is pretty much gone (even against the worst rush defense in the league, Green Bay) and so we put all the chips on our newly signed young QB. Now can he deliver?

The old Seahawk team is gone. Those pieces worked together perfectly but clearly a few missing pieces removes the effectiveness of the group. So we have to hope Wilson can be the winner he believes he is.

The lucky part is other teams in the NFC are falling apart with injuries, so we might not get lapped. But until this team starts putting together a successful body of work, after the changes, you have to remain skeptical.