Burley looked good, right?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Obviously, we'll have to watch closer to know for sure, but I thought Burley looked pretty good in there against a really tough matchup. He seemed to make really sound tackles and limited YAC, which is huge against a player like Cobb. If only he was active to cover Amendola and Edelman in the Super Bowl.

I think the slot corner will continue to be a matchup thing going forward, but his play was definitely a reason for optimism.

jake206

Reaction score
I think having him in slot was a much better decision than having Sherman play out of position. He played decent coverage against Devante.

northseahawk

Reaction score
I think the secondary except Sherman were balling today. Sherman seems like the worst of all. Plus the linebackers are horrible so far.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I thought both Burley and Shead looked good tonight. Williams though.... :(

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
northseahawk":2n715z18 said:
I think the secondary except Sherman were balling today. Sherman seems like the worst of all. Plus the linebackers are horrible so far.

Sherman was fine. Rodgers only tested him when he got free plays off Bennett's penalties. That's not fair evaluation; that's not on the DB.

RussB

Reaction score
He looked real nice. Great tackler and plays physical. Saw him body slam recievers a couple times lol. Definitaly good

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I thought Williams was good, too. Rodgers got him on a perfect pass. That dude is good.

Generally, I don't think the coverage was bad. Rodgers exploited some gaps in the zone, and GB took advantage of some poor tackling at the linebacker and safety position.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Thought he did very well for himself. Sadly, Sherman was the one I thought got abused all night long.

Tical21

Reaction score
Great call on the Burley start this week. We looked better. Shead was okay, but he doesn't bring much lumber.

peppersjap

Reaction score
2 of the analysts picked him as there player of the game on KIRO. He played really well! He allowed some catches but his tackling was fantastic and the catches were for very short gains.

GRANITE HAWK

Reaction score
Tical21":2i0cymch said:
Great call on the Burley start this week. We looked better. Shead was okay, but he doesn't bring much lumber.

We are all used to seeing Bam Bam provide the boom, but I think Shead did exactly what he needed to for his first start at SS this year. Don't get beat deep by one of the best QBs at stretching defenses. Give me a coverage guy at safety over big hitter as a backup. As he gets comfortable look for some high speed plays as he shoots out of secondary. One game won't tell the whole story but he hopefully shows up again next week.