O-line

northseahawk

Reaction score
Surprisingly, i think this pass-protection has been the best I've seen from this team in the last few years.

But they are doing a horrible job for opening hole in the rushing game. Lynch doesn't have anywhere to go most of the time.

Also, why is Coleman on the field? He doesn't do anything. Why not let Tukuwafu bring that nastiness back and bulldoze those lineman. If it doesn't open a gap, it takes a toll on the defender at least.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
northseahawk":2o4ndgpr said:
Surprisingly, i think this pass-protection has been the best I've seen from this team in the last few years.

But they are doing a horrible job for opening hole in the rushing game. Lynch doesn't have anywhere to go most of the time.

Also, why is Coleman on the field? He doesn't do anything. Why not let Tukuwafu bring that nastiness back and bulldoze those lineman. If it doesn't open a gap, it takes a toll on the defender at least.

Agreed. Pass pro was great tonight and it made Russ look elite once we spread it out and got aggressive. Play action looked good as well.

The running game is concerning though. Without it, the offense is snap it back to Russ and let him play sandlot ball.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It goes back to what good is Cable if the OL looks like dog crap in one of their most fundamental elements of blocking (the run)?

I just can't figure out Cable. Everyone and their mother swears he is the best in the business with whipping OL's into shape. I just don't see it. Either we are doing well with pass pro or run pro...Have yet to see both in a game. Well, if you are as good as everybody says you are, why aren't we seeing the potential for both?

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":4glbfwz0 said:
It goes back to what good is Cable if the OL looks like dog crap in one of their most fundamental elements of blocking (the run)?

I just can't figure out Cable. Everyone and their mother swears he is the best in the business with whipping OL's into shape. I just don't see it. Either we are doing well with pass pro or run pro...Have yet to see both in a game. Well, if you are as good as everybody says you are, why aren't we seeing the potential for both?

It's consistency, playing musical chairs every year and waiting till week 7 or 8 for things to come together puts us in catch up mode.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
chris98251":2pbvh95a said:
It's consistency, playing musical chairs every year and waiting till week 7 or 8 for things to come together puts us in catch up mode.

I will give you that but I still expect better, to make newbies play above themselves based on how many people describe Cable as some sort of maestro. Look, I am not saying he's not good at his job but based on the feedback I've heard from his contemporaries/associates/players/coaches, well...I would expect better.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
part of that was Green Bays game plan. They decided to let Wilson beat them and take away Lynch. They executed this plan by closing down his cutback lanes. They got his ypc up from 1.9 at halftime to 2.7 for the game having direct runs straight for the hole and no cutbacks in the second half. They had limited success and primarily relied upon Wilson keeping in the RO, designed roll outs, etc. RW ended with 78 yds on 10 carries. Lynch only had 15 carries.

Why they didn't let RW keep the ball sooner is beyond me. he could have broke some in the second half as well, but did not.